Sign in to follow this  
RedReaper

Computer Programmers

My dad's done work in quite a few programming languages including: Pascal, Pascali, Ipsidic, Fortran, Java, Basic, C, and Visual C. Not to mention writing programs on punch-cards to run on a mainframe.

I wrote Windows Vista, so take that!

(actually, I don't know . other than HTML... but it's so limited. I want to learn C++ or VB.Net)

I don't feel so bad now.

I wrote Windows Vista, so take that!

(actually, I don't know . other than HTML... but it's so limited. I want to learn C++ or VB.Net)

The first language i learned was C++, and it sucked. Its gotta be one of the hardest languages to learn first, but it makes everything else a piece of cake. I suggest going with that first.

Yea tweak50 i definitely agree with you on that one. C++ is horrible, I have been told that C++ is basically taking the long route to everything and its all just busy work compared to the other languages.

Yea tweak50 i definitely agree with you on that one. C++ is horrible, I have been told that C++ is basically taking the long route to everything and its all just busy work compared to the other languages.

I wouldn't call it busy work. With c++ you have complete control over what your program does (like what memory it accesses, when it releases memory ect.) Theres also less checks with c++ than with lets say Java. Ive heard a saying "Java wont let you shoot yourself in the foot, but c++ will let you shoot, reload twice, and shoot 3 times before it complains. With other languages you don't have that kind of control. Theres always a time and a place for a language. Like creating an end of the day books program for 11 burger kings is a lot easier in c++ than it is in Java, just trust me on that one lol.

Java wont let you shoot yourself in the foot, but c++ will let you shoot, reload twice, and shoot 3 times before it complains

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. C++ doesn't care about you.

c++, vb.net, html, php... I went with HTML first, then vb.net. VB.net is easiest to learn(well sort of, html is really easy to do with programs like dreamweaver etc). PHP is not that bad... I have only done a little bit in it. C++ can be a pain but it can do way more.

VB.net, C++,C#, Delphi, whole bunch of older languages. At a certain point, a new language is just a matter of familiarizing yourself with features/syntax.

I went to college at Full SAil for video game design and development... about 900 hours of c++ and now I really don't like programming... stupid boxes... They should think more for them selves.:rolleyes: