How do I mesure Temps for comparatio?

spider71

Hey,

I have general question about CPU temps, how do I mesure my temps so I can comapare them with other as there seems to be quit many possibilities and depending much on fan speed etc?

Example my PC has a core temp about 33C in bios.

Well in XP is it idle at 30C with no CPU fan and then it can be run cooler with fand depending on the fan speed. With 800rpm its about 27C, I have not tried to max the fan but that temp would have been my theoretical lowest temp, so is my idle temp 30C, 27C or when the Fan is set to max?

How do I best mesure core temp in XP?

Well under full load in Prime95 it stay around 37-38C at 1800rpm of 2000 possible, with OCCT I see it have a few peaks at 39C (under a fraction of a second) is this my system stable max at 38C or is it top 39C or should it be mesured when its running at fullest possible speed?

Which program and settings should I use to get a comparable idle temp and max load temp?

I have read some about this questions but I have not find a where this is clearly stated, like MESURE/DO IT THIS WAY OR KEEP YOUR TEMPS FOR YOURSELF!!!!

Generally speaking, people state the program they used to measure temps with if they say their temps. For example, someone might say "24 C idle according to CoreTemp". I've used CoreTemp but it's a little glitchy and sometimes freezes. The latest version of EVEREST also displays the true core temperatures (as opposed to CPU diode temp) and seems to display the same temps as CoreTemp does, so I don't use that anymore.

As for fan speed, that's just another thing you have to specify when comparing temps. Some people like to turn their fans down for noise concerns, others don't care.

Basically, if you want to compare temps, you really have to specify the conditions.

Also adding your ambient temps helps for comparison, for example I would expect different results running in an environment of 65F vs. 80F

it helps to say how much vcore and what speed you're running at as well