How about this one the Ultra?

trickson

Ehh if your gonna be spending that much cash you might as well invest in a good water cooling setup. Or if you can spend some more get a Coolit Freezone.

Well then ..

I have had water cooling before and really liked it till the pump went out !

I think I'm gonna put them right next to each other. Is that what you meant by series?

Well, series means the loop goes through one and then through the other. Parallel means the loop splits off in a Y, goes through both, and rejoins by means of another Y. Series roughly doubles the pressure, parallel roughly doubles the flow.

What would be better for a single loop that just cools the cpu? I'm gonna be installing a BIX3 here shortly?

I asked the same question when I learned about it too. The best advice I got was to try both and see which works best. I'm no expert on watercooling, though; everything I know is based on personal theory or things I've heard. I could see either way providing benefits, but if you're mostly concerned about having a backup if one dies, I'd recommend parallel, just so that if one does die, the other one doesn't have to suck water through the dead one to keep the loop going.

ok thanks...now that I think about I think i'll go with a parallel setup. Not only will it not have to suck the water through a dead pump But I think it will look cooler too.

Not that water cooling is not good and all but to get back on topic . I am getting this HSF for my 4000+ AM2 and I guess I will just have to see what it can do . my temps are not all that bad right now with the Zalman HSF but I know that this should lower it and keep it lower once I raise the Vcore up more .

In most of the reviews I have seen on this HSF is that it is better than a water cooling setup . I personally do not know about this but I know I am going to find out . the 2 watter cooling setups I have had in the past ( cheap ones ) were no better than a Air cooling setup any way ( in one case worse) . and as I see it if watter cooling wanted to make a big splash they would lower there prices and be more competitive . there are not many 130 dollar WC setups out there any way and if you do find them they suck .

Water cooling does transfer heat faster but also can't go below room temp any way with out chilled watter cooling and that is just way out of my price range . All in all water cooling is just not for me and I am looking for far better alternatives rather than sticking water into my case that may or may not leak causing a total system melt down !