EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800 GTS 640MB -- overkill?

snezzer

I have to agree with the fact that a single 640 may not run crysis well. Though 2 should be fine, or a single GTX tuned up a little. But by then we will have our hands on the 9k series. I am waiting untill then. I am also waiting untill next Feb to build up again.

Now as for sound, Xfi-xtreme music was the best card for the money. I bought a 5.1 Zalman Headset kit, the mic came with it. It all works so perfect. In BF2 or 2142 I can hear a guy pull his knife even if he is 12 feet behind me and 4 feet to the left. I enjoy the headset over speakers because there is no intefearance of objects and natural acustics/reverb or the angry GF. Having a 3 triple EQ with the lastest EAX on all games is a dream.

Basically the 640 and the GTX are for higher Res game playing or games that use a crap ton of ram. They day the intergrate system memory to be mapped to your video card will be the day of rejoice. So we can all get those nice new 2gig or 4 gig sticks and load up of a serious ammount of ram to crunch anything that comes.

Do any of you know anyone that has those GSkill 2 gig modules? I would think that they would perform the same, just not clock that great.

Crysis OUT already!

if 1600x1200 is your max resolution, you don't need more than the 320MB model

I've been testing a Foxconn 8800GTS 320MB for about a month at 1600x1200 and the only game that sorta chokes is Rainbow Six: Vegas, but it makes the card choke even at 1280x1024 etc