cfx3200dr & ATi xfire (CCC)

My pc has developed a problem it started with every now and again with the screen flashing/blinking for a split second, now whenever my system boots into windows i get the following ATi message appear, "Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost" then I cannot find nor open CCC. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers without success and I have also tried installing 7.1 drivers which allowed me open CCC but when I enabled crossfire I got a BSOD stating PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Also in task manager there was just an endless list of cli.exe's and my pc had almost ground to a halt. Is this a problem with one of the cards?

Just to add I had been using the 7.2 Drivers without a problem until now.

Oh and the screen still flickers, even now right now. you B@£%?!* !

I have tried everything and no change I have even done a clean install of windows, which makes me want to ask the question could it it be a problem with my motherboard because I could not install my raid drivers from the floppy disc. I tried 2 different floppy drive's and 2 different floppy cables. When windows asks to insert floppy and press enter it reads the floppy then stops stating that "cannot read (or copy cant remember which) coin M5288.DLL. Could it be a problem with my motherboard???? I am running my hard drives seperatly and still getting this problem with my CCC. Why would I get an endless list of CLi.exe in task manager when this problem appears?

Guest Lavell

Do you have the Raptors connected to the ULi southbridge or the Sil3114 RAID chip? Which slots are your RAM installed on? Are you overclocking anything?

The Raptors are connected to the ULi southbridge and have been since I started using this board back in October, i'm using the orange slots. Nothing is overclocked at present or when the problem first started. Like I said I haven't had any problems with the setup until now.

Guest Lavell

Your setup seems ok. Let's look at your BIOS settings. Go to the BIOS and look under "Advanced Chipset Features". Either give me a list of all the settings under that menu or post a screenshot of that menu. I will also need to look at "Genie BIOS Setting" as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have crossfire setup on 1900xtx. When the drivers get screwed on the install it is a headache. For instance all ati drivers 6.3 and before requires dotnetfx 1.1 anything after 6.4 requires dotnetfx 2.0. Also Use the ati uninstall utility to get the drivers out. May take 3 or 4 tries to get them uninstalled some times even tried safe mode which we know u can't access drivers in there. Also after I removed the drivers and software successfully i still had to go into the regedit to delete the entries. After the reboot sometimes u get (can't uninstall the reg key prompt). Yes it is a pain in the butt but I have had better luck with dotnetfix ver 1.1 and ati drivers 6.3 they give best performance and speed

I have the same board and same cards, although right now only the CF edition card is in there right now, running on catalyst 7.2.

I occasionally get the same "Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has encountered a problem and needs to close." after booting into Windows or briefly after.

Shouldn't have anything to do with having 2 cards in there, I think its just a Vista compatibility issue (one of many as we all know) that ATI hasn't yet debugged in their drivers.