Sign in to follow this  
Nimbokwezer2

nf4 Lanparty Ultra

Hmmmm....I'm thinking DFI Lan Party UT NF3 Ultra-D.

Btw we asked about your system specs because it ran fine for 9 months then died.

You know like when your car runs fine for 10 years and dies because something broke.

Are you sure you had the right bios?

http://biosmedic.com/images/CD7%20Windows/nf4menu.jpg

DO a cmos clear if it doesnt post....

Logan

Ok, doing a cmos clear. The battery is out and I'm waiting the recommended 30 +minutes. Which flash option should I choose? My PCB version is R.AE1 if that helps.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks for your patience.

Choose [A] Additional NF4 LanParty Bios's from the screen above and then on the next screen choose [2] nF4 NF41d406 (04/06/2006).....

Gluck

Logan

I just tried a CMOS clear as per these instructions:

Remove power from the system. Pull cord from wall if you must. Or from rear of power supply.

Remove the battery.

Move the CMOS jumper to clear.

Move the speaker jumper to on position. Page 7 quick start manual.

Make sure you have a wired keyboard plugged into the PS2 port. Not USB in other words. USB to PS2 OK.

Leave the CMOS jumper at clear for at least 30 minutes.

Put ONLY one ( 1 ) stick of memory in ORANGE slot closest the top edge of motherboard.

Set the CMOS jumper back to normal.

Replace the battery.

Press and hold down the "Insert" Key on the keyboard.

Apply power to power supply again WITH "Insert" key still pressed down.

Press the start/power on button on the rig. WITH the "Insert" key still pressed down.

When you hear the beep from the speaker. Release the "Insert" Key and quickly press the "Delete" key

and enter the bios and load optimized defaults. Save and Exit bios and reboot to enter bios to make necessary adjustments.

no effect. Still won't boot/post.

I guess I'll try an overnight cmos clear with the battery/power supply disconnected. In the meantime, thanks again for everyone trying to help.

OK, I did a 20-hour CMOS clear and nothing happened. When I put the jumper and battery back, and set everything back up, the monitor doesn't even get a signal on booting (not even a splash screen). All 4 diagnostic LEDs just light up and stay that way, and there is no beep to indicate that any booting is taking place.

Still stuck...

When you said you tried all 4 of the bios updates under Lanparty UT Ultra-D I'm thinking that you weren't looking in the right place - like maybe one of the nF3 boards.

If you did flash the wrong BIOS you will have to replace the chip or maybe hot flash it on a board that uses a PMC4 chip.

That will get you back to where you were.

I still think you have a hardware problem like maybe the PSU you seem reluctant to tell us about.

Bill

PSU OCZ | OCZ520ADJSLI 520W RT

It was booting up right before I flashed it, so I doubt the PSU is the problem. The only bios flashes I tried were under the Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D menu, which is what I've got. The first 4 didn't work. The last one (the hot swapping one) successfully flashed, and now it won't boot.

EDIT - Where can I order a new chip?

None of them worked. They all said the key didn't match. (Yes, I'm positive I have the motherboard model right). I tried the hotswapping one and now it won't even boot.

Just so you know in the future.

The hot flash BIOS uses a command line switch which allows it to flash on a computer it wasn't designed for.