Sign in to follow this  
Nimbokwezer2

nf4 Lanparty Ultra

I've had this board for 9 months and then it just gave up on me. Up until that point, it was running trouble free, with no signs of any problems whatsoever. Then, suddenly the computer would restart as soon as the windows startup sound played.

I tried reinstalling windows, and then I started getting random errors (almost always different). I tried my hard drive in my friend's computer and that didn't work either. At that point, realized there was obviously something wrong with the hard drive, so I tried a test hard drive in my computer, and it got ruined as well. (By ruined, I mean that it won't even work after a format).

Right now I'm at a loss...

Right now I'm at a loss...
I think that we're all at loss since all we know about you is that you have an nf4 Lanparty Ultra with a hard drive.

Oh and windows.

yes, it has to be a floppy for the bios I think. I've always done mine with either Winflash *which you cant do because your pc is crashed* or a floppy which is the most conventional way to update a bios.

usually the DFi bios files have an exe that auto preps a floppy for flashing.

:)

I don't have a floppy drive. I tried following directions for creating bootable CDs but none of them seemed to work.

Can someone show me how to make a bootable CD for flashing bios?

By the way, I'm on windows xp, not that it really matters, because my HD is formatted at this point. And it's not a matter of hardware compatibility because this computer was running perfectly for 9 months.

@Nimbokwezer2 the drill here at the Street is when you asking for help you should create a signature listing your hardware, this helps the users here to help you with your problem ;) like Bill says were all at a loss to help you, without a bit more info :)......

If your flashing a bios then the users in the know use Tmods bios flash CD....;)

Logan

Grab tmods cd if you want to do it from disk, Works great.

Thanks, I'm getting it now.

(thanks to the mods for moving this to the right forum... sorry about that)

OK, I've got the Lanparty UT NForce4 Ultra-D. I booted up with Tmods and tried all 4 of the bios updates under Lanparty UT Ultra-D. None of them worked. They all said the key didn't match. (Yes, I'm positive I have the motherboard model right). I tried the hotswapping one and now it won't even boot.

OK, I've got the Lanparty UT NForce4 Ultra-D. I booted up with Tmods and tried all 4 of the bios updates under Lanparty UT Ultra-D. None of them worked. They all said the key didn't match. (Yes, I'm positive I have the motherboard model right). I tried the hotswapping one and now it won't even boot.

Are you sure you had the right bios?

nf4menu.jpg

DO a cmos clear if it doesnt post....

Logan