Sign in to follow this  
suedenim

New case wanted

The deal breaker for me on the Vigor XG is the use of 80 and 90mm fans, I prefer 2 or 3 120mm at least

I second that, I don't even hear my 8x 120mm case fans, I can't ever go back to 80mm or 92mm case fans.

I needed a second well built case a while ago, and decided to go with the gigabyte triton.

this is about as close as the model I have that newegg sells http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811233006

mine doesn't have that ugly plate in the front... what where they thinking?

Regardless of that case's looks, they have a nearly toolless design, you need a screw driver for the motherboard/mounts, but the hdd/optical drives and expansions slots are all tool less. The case has dual 120mm fans, and comes with the usuall necessities. Front usb/audio ports and a front 1394 port. Its pretty spacious and everything assembles very quickly. Its a fine choice and isn't very expensive.

Get a chenming, a larger model. Cheap, huge, great airflow.

A lot of intake fan vents on modern consumer level cases are garbage, IMO. So much resistance the fan isn't even doing anything.

You have to cut the grilles out though if you want it to be most efficient, as with any case I use. I cut out the rear grilles. Slightly less noise, much more airflow.

Sign in to follow this