Stupid Usb Problems

zep_54

Hey peeps i need some help here! On one of my old boxes (Pentium 100mhz @ 250mhz,50mb edoram,4mb sicro vdc,cdrom,floppy,raid,1.8gb hd) old school i know, i need usb for it so i purchused a usb card from Futureshop.ca :P and installed it in my main machine, it worked fine, so i plugged it in to this old beast and it installed properly, and it comes up right on the system devices tab. But whenever i plug a usb devie into it the computer just freezes up and i have to hard boot it,i've tried plugging in mice, keyboards,scanners,printers all to find the same thing happens. why is it doing this and how do i fix it, this is quite urgent so please help asap :blink:

Depending on what version of Windows ya have, you may need to apply a update or two...

Also, 95A and B have no USB support... 95C does.

All versions of NT4 and below also offer no USB support.

Well, at least that's the way it was.... they may have released an update...

You should try a different PCI slot (assuming its a PCI card)...there might be an IRQ conflict...

I might be speaking out of my . on this one, but, and IRQ conflict with my soundcard use to make me lockup. You might want to downgrade the OS, WinME might be using too much system resources for it.

There also is always the off chance the USB card went no good in the transferring of it from one box to the other...