Sign in to follow this  
jdh79

Will 500 watt Enermax Liberty be OK with NF4-SLI DR Expert?

I ordered a NF4-SLI Dr Expert to replace my Asrock 939 Dual, because of issues I was having with the board, especially in Windows Vista (it worked fairly decent in XP). Basically, the USB controller kept dying out until the system was rebooted, and with Uli bought out, no legit Vista drivers have been or likely will ever be released.

I have a 500 watt Enermax Liberty as my PSU. After I ordered the board, I have been reading on this board of all kinds of problems with the 620 watt Liberty. Can it be confirmed if these issues affect the 500 watt model as well? Is the issue in general just a problem with cold booting and having to do multiple resets?

Also, is this PSU ample for my configuration? I have no plans to go with more than one gaming video card any time in the future (I may possibly add something like an x300 as a secondary card for running only a second monitor or TV out off of). Am I likely to have issues?

Am I better off trying to cancel my order and get the NF4-SLI -INFINITY instead? Is that board confirmed to be OK with my PSU? It was available for $15 less but I figured that I should just pay the extra and get the newer board revision, thinking newer revisions should have fewer problems?

I had the Enermax Liberty 620W and it crapped out on me after 6 months, taking my WD Raptor with it. So i cant recommend them at all

I have that PS on my rig for almost a year (almost a year and a half total with the power supply itself) with no issues.