Sign in to follow this  
Trix.rox

NO Airflow - Need Case Suggestions

My mid-tower Cooler Master case seems more and more packed lately. I'm getting basically NO airflow in there because of my 4 hard drives in front and all of the cables jammed in between. Anyways, I'd like suggestions for a bigger or better case that's reasonably priced. I was possibly thinking about this case, but I'd like more suggestions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811124120

And here's a pic of the cluttered setup I have right now.

4hvb05z.jpg

WOW i see you've marstered the art of cable ties lol

i've got a mid tower case but im a cable tidy nazi what about a stackerthey have a good air flow or the new antec(i think)900 thats got fans all over it

Fans aren't so much of an issue as space between my long video card, 4 SATA drives with their cables poking out, and a Chipset heatsink right there. I need something longer than my current case.

I just got around to swapping my sys out of a similar style case as yours into an Ultra Aluminus I picked up new for $30.00, couldn't believe it got a 10c drop in cpu temps and way better pwmic as well.

The HD rack is oriented for better cable management and for the 1st time my case looks pretty neat and tidy, used to look just like yours:)

My best advice is to just sit there and study it for a few hours, trying different things here and there. My second best advice is to look into turning the hard drives around if possible so that the connectors point towards the front panel.

I'm with General Septem here, turn your drives around and run the cables around the drive bay instead of through. I manages to get 5 drives in my acrylic case with a HUGE gap by doing this.

Try using angry_games' templates and adding a fan or two to your side panel... I had one, and wasn't happy so added another, both blow right on my 7900GTXs... those with the one in the front blowing right through the gap have severely decreased my GPU temps... and stability!

Don't buy something unless you really need it and are unhappy with your current case (i say this a couple weeks after spending over a grand on my rig that I didn't need :-)

front_t.jpgdrives_t.jpgneatness_t.jpg