Sign in to follow this  
mlr

4800 toledo at 276 ghz how to get more please help

ok guys im pretty new to overclocking but ive managed to get my comp to 2.78 ghz 230 x 12 my cpu is at 1.42 volts and my ram is at 2.8, htt 4, at 1.1 ratio,but im having problems getting past this is there anything i can do too get any more out of her ,this is my current settup

any help much apreciated

if you run your ram @ 1:1 then your ram is @ 230Mhz and its rated for 200mhz,

try putting a ram divider and see if it help

even with a divider i cant boot past 230 x12 seems my ram is holding me back gona buy some crucial balastics pc4000 ram see if this helps

Usually 4800 Toledo's max out around 2.7 or 2.8Ghz.. I wouldn't try any harder to go beyond. I had a 4800 that won't go past 2.7 stable. Most x2 4800 don't do more than 2.7. Be happy with what you have.

I got one set of complete benchmarks ran on my X2 4800 at 2.75ghz. They can be found in the Socket939 OCDB. Anything beyond that was extremely flaky with any voltage and any air cooling. If you can get 2.70ghz stable out of your X2 4800 you are doing very well for 24/7 use. Anything above that is a crap shoot unless you are running water or phase change. And even sometimes not even that will help much.

well i just got 2gb crucial ballistics pc4000 ram and ive maxed out at 277ghz,24 hours prime stable, im running 252 x 11 at 1.48 vcore htt 4,ive tried to get to 2.8 but it just wont run stable.im quite happy with me temps tho its running 33 to 36 c using the zalman 9700 flower cooler and 40 to 44 under load,realy wanted to hit 2.8 but i supose this will have to do.