Sign in to follow this  
BDore

GPU PerfStudio

Hey guys...

Does anybody know this app? I was searching for a way to measure cpu utilization and found this on the developers area in ATI's website. It is supposed to tell you lots of things...optimize performance...visit this link for more info:

http://ati.amd.com/developer/gpups/index.html

There's a handy pdf with instructions.

I got this to work but I tried running it with oblivion, performace was really low and the application said I was utilizing only 10% of the gpu power. Much slower than normal gameplay: 8-9 fps with the same configuration I usually get 30-40.

Anybody got it to work "correctly"? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...is there any other app that tells you gpu utilization?

[]'s

Might not be appropriate. This app is for analysing the use of DX9 in a program. The optimization part comes from telling the programmer where to change the code to improve the performance which could be done through increasing/decreasing data chunk sizes, better z-clipping in certain scenes, etc. etc. etc.

Oblivion is pretty CPU intensive and a lot depends on the settings you have for the game. There is a lot of dependency on how the game engine is implemented too.

Also these sorts of low to mid/High debug/performance tools can chew up CPU cycles.

I must admit your results seem low but then again the app is in Beta. Have you tried another game with it?

Might not be appropriate. This app is for analysing the use of DX9 in a program. The optimization part comes from telling the programmer where to change the code to improve the performance which could be done through increasing/decreasing data chunk sizes, better z-clipping in certain scenes, etc. etc. etc.

Of course..the optimization is from the viewpoint of the developer, not the user...what was I thinking? :P

Have you tried another game with it?

Not yet, will do.

Thx for the reply!