Sign in to follow this  
THEnumber337

Biostar T Force 550

I would check it with a thermal probe.... the temps are noted to be off on the SE boards..

but I would double check it to be sure what they are...and yes I would invest in better cooling... the stock cooler you get isnt worth a whole lot unless it's a heatpipe heatsink...;)

I got the TForce 550 and the 3600 brisbane fired up yesterday as I put it in a HTPC case...

I am running it on the bios as shiped...I will flash to the latest when I get everything done...

For me the temps are the same as the ver 1.3 board and I am idleing anywhere from 12c to 16c and loaded (encoding a video) at 26c

There are some quirks with these boards and getting them set right is the key...and most of those settings pertain to ram...

I did notice however that for video encoding, overclocking doesnt seem to matter at all...

I used 2 different dvd drives...a Sata and a IDE..

1st I tested the Ver 1.3 and 4000+ Brisbane at 250fsb and 265fsb and encoding times were within 5kb/s

then I tested the SE and 3600 at stock settings and I got the exact same numbers...

8900 kb/s for the sata drive

7880 kb/s for the IDE drive

I did use different Sata hard drives but that didnt make any difference...

so for a cpu doing 1900mhz ssems to encode the same as one doing 2785mhz on AM2...I wonder if it's just the board or...?

I am going to try another AM2 board (Epox NF570 ultra) and see if the results differ...;)

This is still the best bang for the buck board...So far...

I am still very pleased with this board and have acheived very good clocks I think for a mid-priced board...

I picked up a Epox AF570ulta and it doesnt come close to the TForce 550

Dont get me wrong it's a nice board and has all the voltage options in the world...only thing wrong with the board is CPU speed stops at 250mhz...

so...back to the TForce...;)

all mine are on Auto except for the 5 main timings (4-4-4-12-1T)

and I changed Async to 8...

I will edit this thread and post all the timings the board shows..;)

EDIT: hey guys...I dont know how many of you have this board that read this thread but....

I just got a heatsink from "HitandRun that he made for me to cool the Mofets left of the CPU socket...

this is the one with the outline for a sink and has the holes in the board for it...

He made me one for my board and is working on another for my second board...

If you are interested in a heatsink or heatsinks contact him via PM....doc

Thanks dr_bowtie for mentioning the custom heatsinks I made for you! You should have received the second already! Sounds like its working fine on your rig! BTW: You still own me a picture form your mobo with the heatsink installed :)

Whoever is interested please check this out and contact me if you need one! ;)

will do boss....just been busy...

gotta wait till Grandpa calls again as his camera is way better than mine and takes pretty good pics...;)

will do boss....just been busy...

gotta wait till Grandpa calls again as his camera is way better than mine and takes pretty good pics...;)

No problem! I know sleppless nights are not easy ;)