Biostar T Force 550

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly interesting, I will ever believe we get what we paid for.

Some, "noname" company are making money over the mass by bypassing

the lines of duties. Those lines don't stipulate: let us make some money

by buying less than 20 cheap capacitors & making some crap motherboards.

They DON'T Design For Innovations.

But for their own Bank Accounts.

The Visionaries are TRYING to make something Heavy-Duty composed

with something like 50 Pure Jap Capacitors.

They are trying to build something and believe Their

name will be there in sometime like a thousand years.

My 2 cents.

(for what it counts):cool:

Just an update...

still working on 3G's myself...

I have 2 boards and set-ups I got.

1 Biostar TForce 550 ver1.3 / 4000+ Brisbane and Patriot ddr800 LLK (2.2v)

this one I dont expect to make it far because of the ram...it will boot at the default timing of 4-4-4-12 at the boards limit of 2.1v so I may have to switch 5-5-5-16 to get where I want to go?

2 Biostar TForce 550 SE ver 5.0 / 3600+ Brisbane and OCZ ddr533

this board maybe a winner if the ram hold on long enough...this board loads and boots extremely fast..more so than the 4000+ set up..not sure why...everything is the same except cpu, ram and version of board?

I am in the process of finally loading windows to a drive and begin testing on both platforms and then the 3600 gets a home in the htpc case that been setting here a month or better...;)

Just an update...

still working on 3G's myself...

I have 2 boards and set-ups I got.

1 Biostar TForce 550 ver1.3 / 4000+ Brisbane and Patriot ddr800 LLK (2.2v)

this one I dont expect to make it far because of the ram...it will boot at the default timing of 4-4-4-12 at the boards limit of 2.1v so I may have to switch 5-5-5-16 to get where I want to go?

2 Biostar TForce 550 SE ver 5.0 / 3600+ Brisbane and OCZ ddr533

this board maybe a winner if the ram hold on long enough...this board loads and boots extremely fast..more so than the 4000+ set up..not sure why...everything is the same except cpu, ram and version of board?

I am in the process of finally loading windows to a drive and begin testing on both platforms and then the 3600 gets a home in the htpc case that been setting here a month or better...;)

Keep us updated man! :cool:

Testing on the Ver 1.3 and 4000+ as we speak...well as I type this...

so far best I have done with the Patriot ddr800 "LLK" is 250x10.5 on a 667 divider....

it isnt liking anything more than that...put it on a 533 divider and it dont like it... will boot at 270x8 but throws errors in Memtest on the 1st pass...

I even tried lowering the timings from 4-4-4-12 to 5-5-5-16 and no go...lowered the Tref from 3.9u to 7.8u and still no go...

This board isnt playing nice with this ram for what the board has...plus the board is limited at 2.1vdimm and the sticks are rated 2.2vdimm so I'll bet thats where my problem lies...

I should have gotten the "ELK" set that runs ddr800-2.0v at 5-5-5-16 and I would have a little room to play?

but even so...250x10.5 at 1.3vcore aint nothing to sneeze at...and I am pulling 33.094 super pi 1M scores at that and Everest read and writes at 8100mb/s so it aint all bad...I am sure with a board that had vdimm up to 2.3vdimm this ram would shine hard...

so I may play with this and get a NF570 board...either looking at Epox, MSI or a Gigabyte... I may try to find a set of ram that will hit some decent clocks with 2.1vdimm??? suggestions

No...

But I know some one that has the same ram I have and did infact try the 2.4v jumper and it would NOT boot... the ram I have is the "LLK" and it doesnt like voltage from what I hear.

I did drop AsyncLatency to 8 (from 6) and it hit 260 no problem where it wouldnt even boot at 260...

I realize the ram timings are very tight and will need some loosening... The next step is droping trfc down from the default 75 to 127.5

that should help...

I dont get much time to work on this so most of it comes on the early morning hours of the weekends...;)

but thats where I am at...;)

and even at that I am still at 1.3vcore and temps were/are 18c idle and 29c fully loaded (12hours of orthos)

all mine are on Auto except for the 5 main timings (4-4-4-12-1T)

and I changed Async to 8...

I will edit this thread and post all the timings the board shows..;)

EDIT: hey guys...I dont know how many of you have this board that read this thread but....

I just got a heatsink from "HitandRun that he made for me to cool the Mofets left of the CPU socket...

this is the one with the outline for a sink and has the holes in the board for it...

He made me one for my board and is working on another for my second board...

If you are interested in a heatsink or heatsinks contact him via PM....doc

Can any of you guys help? I am running incredibly high temps trying to overclock this windsor 4200+ (89w)on the stock cooler and AS5 on a 550 SE. Either this is a really hot dual core or the cooler suxs! The Biostar monitor says 54c idle and 60c under dual prime. Should I invest in aftermarket cooling or invest in another chip? cpu-z says 1.47v, same as the biostar program.