Biostar T Force 550

I have a problem. Originally I got the newegg deal for the Biostar TForce 550 motherboard and AMD 3600+ Brisbane CPU combo. When I first put the board together with a minimal install the board simply would not boot. I did a CMOS clear and all that goodness and every once in a while the board would boot maybe one in every 10 presses of the power switch on the board. Originally thinking it was the PSU causing the problems I tried out my Corsair 620 PSU and I ran into the same problem. So I RMA'ed the board back to newegg.

I got the board back today and I did a minimal install again and it booted up fine... the first time. Then I go to install it in the case and what happens again. No boot. So I take it out of the case and try to start it up out of the case and no boot again. Here are some specs:

Biostar TForce 550 Motherboard

AMD 3600+ 1.9Ghz Brisbane CPU

2GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 DDR2-800

Fortron Source 450W PSU

I didn't even have a video card installed

Has anyone encountered any problems like this before on any type of board? I'm stumped because the board booted up fine one or two times but then all the other times the fans don't turn on or anything.... :confused:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same mobo cpu and ram as you. I had a serious problem like you are having. It turned out to be the ram settings. Make sure the jumper on the ram voltage is in the factory location. Also try booting with only one stick installed. When I first put mine together I set the ram voltage jumper to allow overclocking, but for some reason it hated it and would hardly boot.

I have the same mobo cpu and ram as you. I had a serious problem like you are having. It turned out to be the ram settings. Make sure the jumper on the ram voltage is in the factory location. Also try booting with only one stick installed. When I first put mine together I set the ram voltage jumper to allow overclocking, but for some reason it hated it and would hardly boot.

Thanks for the reply. About half a week ago I thought it might possibly be the RAM and I plugged in some cheap Kingmax ram and it booted right up. However now it's giving me a VGA error according to the onboard LED's. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to RMA the ram and test what's up with this video card thing in a couple days. I don't have a spare video card on hand right now.

How's the overclocking going on that board? I've seen some people hitting 3.0Ghz.

I picked up the same combo deal on newegg as well about a week ago. I have not had a single issue with this build since it posted on the first try.

Like jhempstead said, make sure the (red) jumper on the upper right hand corner of the board is on pin one and two. Clear the CMOS, and go into the bios to manually set the timings at 4-4-4-15 2T. Hopefully, that'll help you.

I have been able to reach a stable 3.00Ghz @ 1.475v (316 FSB x 9.5 Multi and DDR533 divider). Absolutely loving this new build!

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/659/brisbanesandraoy2.jpg

AMD X2 3600+ Brisbane

Biostar TForce 550

2Gb Corsair XMS2 @ DDR2-858

XFX Geforce 7900GS (Stock)

i had the same problem when i had the TF550 last time. it came out that it's just some grounding issue. it did not turned on when i put on the testing table... but no problem when i put everything inside the casing. weird.

Have you ever gotten this resolved...?

I just got mine today and the 4000+Brisbane...booted it with some OCZ ddr2-533 2x512 and it booted 1st time...boots very fast..I cant believe how fast this thing post compared to my rig...

I was thru post and had memtest loaded and running before my 3 G's rig finished the 1st post screen...;)

I am loving mine also. I don't want to say it but so far I like it more than my current sig rig. Here is what I put into mine..

AMD Athlon X2 3600 currently running cool, smooth, stable, and happy at 3.0 ghz

BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Motherboard

EVGA 256 mb 7600GT Video card

Pioneer 16x dvd burner

2 gb Corsair XMS2 Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4 cl4 ram

Noctua 120 CPU Heat sink and fan

Soundblaster Audigy Sound card

Antec Smart Power 500 watt ps

XP home

X Blade case with two 120mm fans

Wd 80gb IDE hd

Have you ever gotten this resolved...?

I just got mine today and the 4000+Brisbane...booted it with some OCZ ddr2-533 2x512 and it booted 1st time...boots very fast..I cant believe how fast this thing post compared to my rig...

I was thru post and had memtest loaded and running before my 3 G's rig finished the 1st post screen...;)

Sadly no, the second RMA item said there was a VGA error when I would try to boot. I tried two different cards and neither of them worked. I returned it for a refund and got the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. I'm really sad that the Biostar one didn't work out though. I'm glad to hear that you all's experiences are successes. :)