How has the Lanparty 3200 been working?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136032

Looking to get a 775 board, and I'd really like to stay with DFI, but I have no clue how this board has been performing and overclocking. This is a chipset I'm totally unfamiliar with.

I'm looing at an E6600 in all likelyhood, probably with OCZ, Crucial, or Corsair ram, if that helps out. Considering this setup, would it be better to go with a 975x instead? I don't intend to run Crossfire or SLI, so it is an option...let me know, guys.

You'd save some money with an E6400 and get about the same overall speed.

The RD600 is alright, the one great thing I loved about it is that it'd boot at virtually ANY setting - you'd really have to push sometihng too far for it to not work. My E6400 would boot at 3900MHz and 1.45v even though it wasn't close to stable there. I never once had to clear the CMOS on that board, I was always able to reach the bios with no difficulty.

However, there are many 965 chipset thats perform just fine and would certainly overclock an E6400 just as well if not better than the RD600, and the DS3 is much cheaper. They're also far, far less complicated.

Hehe, look at what board I run now, I'm all for complexity. So you think that the 965/975x types would be just as good as an R600 for OC?

Another thing, did you ever use the 3rd pci-e slot as a physics processor, and if so, how did it work?

The ICFX3200 raises the level of complexity several notches. These are just the overclocking settings in the BIOS. With the exception of the bottom two menus, every time a change is made most of the settings you see will need to be adjusted for optimal performance and stability.

[b]Genie BIOS Settings:[/b]

[color=red]

CPU VID Control................ - 1.525

CPU VID Special Add............ - Auto

DDR2 RAM 1.8V Voltage.......... - 2.39V

CPU VTT 1.2V Voltage........... - 1.23V

NB Core 1.2V Voltage........... - 1.48V

NB PLL 1.8V Voltage............ - 1.93V

NB PLL 1.2V Voltage............ - 1.21V

NB PCI-E 1.2V Voltage.......... - 1.22V

NB Core 1.2V Convert From...... - 2.06V

SB Core 1.2V Voltage........... - 1.23V

Clockgen Voltage............... - 3.40V

GTL REF Voltage Control........ - Enable

CPU Core 1/2 GTL REF Volt...... - 48

CPU Core 3/4 GTL REF Volt...... - 48

North Bridge GTL REF Volt...... - 128

CPU PLL Setting Override....... - Enable

PLL Override Loop Count........ - Auto

Conroe P-State Multiplier...... - x9

C1E Function................... - Disable

[/color]

[b]Performance Options:[/b]

[color=red]

Memory Clock Frequency......... - DRR-533

Control CPU Frequency.......... - Manual

CPU Frequency(MHz)............. - 400

NB FSB Strapping............... - 266

PCIE Overclock................. - 100

Software Reset Clockgen........ - Enable

Memory Overclocking............ - Enable

Overclocking Frequency(MHz).... - 559

[/color]

[b]Northbridge Selections:[/b]

[color=red]

Memory Channels................ - Auto

Memory Power Management........ - Disable

IGD Clock Gate................. - Disable

NB Channel Mapping............. - Auto

Simple Addr Translation........ - Disable

Chip-Select Swap............... - Disable

Burst Lenght................... - 4

Bank0 Map GFX.................. - 4

Bank1 Map GFX.................. - 5

Bank2 Map GFX.................. - 6

Channel Mapping NB............. - 5

Channel Mapping GFX............ - 1

Bank0 Map NB................... - 5

Bank1 Map NB................... - 11

Bank2 Map NB................... - 7

[/color]

[b]Memory Timing Menu:[/b]

[color=red]

CS Output Timing............... - Delay 1/4 Clock

CK Output Timing............... - Auto

Duel Channel Split Mode........ - Auto

Addr/CMD Driving Pre-Amp....... - Disable

Addr/CMD Driving Strength...... - 05

Clocking Driving Pre-Amp....... - Always

Clocking Driving Strength...... - 14

Address/Command Timing......... - 2T

Memory Timing Select........... - Manual

CAS Timing (TCAS).............. - 5

Read RAS-CAS Delay (TRCDT)..... - 5

Write RAS-CAS Delay (TRCDR).... - 3

RAS Precharge Time TRP......... - 5

Cycle Time (TRAS).............. - 12

Row Cycle Time (TRC)........... - 28

Refresh To Active (TRFC)....... - 42

Bank To Bank CMD (TRRD)........ - 5

Write Recovery (TWR)........... - 4

Read-Write Command (TRTW)...... - 5

Write-Write CS (TRTR_CS)....... - 2

Write -Read Commad (TWTR)...... - 5

Write-Read CS (TWTR_CS)........ - 2

Read-Read CS (TRTR_CS)......... - 2

Read Data Transfer............. - 6

[/color]

[b]Memory Timing Menu:[/b]

[color=red]

Read Data Transfer............. - Enable

Read Strobe Delay.............. - Disable

Read Strobe Arrival............ - Enable

[/color]

[b]FSB IO Strength:[/b]

[color=red]

FSB IO Driving Control......... - Default

1X NMOS Strength............... - N/A

1X PMOS Strength............... - N/A

2X NMOS Strength............... - N/A

2X PMOS Strength............... - N/A

4X NMOS Strength............... - N/A

4X PMOS Strength............... - N/A

[/color]

Hehe, look at what board I run now, I'm all for complexity. So you think that the 965/975x types would be just as good as an R600 for OC?

Another thing, did you ever use the 3rd pci-e slot as a physics processor, and if so, how did it work?

Many more settings to use on the RD600 than the nf4's, but hey if you've got the time and consider yourself a true enthusiast, you'll probably love it. For me...well I just didn't have the time to fully realize its capabilities so I went back to the Infinity.

Never tried the 3rd slot, only used an 8800GTX on it.

And yeah, anything with enough FSB for your processor (965s are great for 6400s, the 975 might not be able to stretch them all the way with only an 8x multi)

Dunno about ram, I didn't get a chance to play with it. Having the asyc. was nice though so I didn't have to worry about it while toying with the FSB though.

The 3200 I have runs flawlessly so far. You would be just fine with a 6600 on it for everyday use. Its really a tweakers board, but I have found it runs just fine at default settings. If you are only planning on running one card, the Asus 965 Wi Fi is a fine and stable motherboard as well. In fact, I am considering moving back to that board for everyday use.

Jason

There are a lot of good boards out there all using different chipsets 965 975 680 RD600 etc & they all perform from the tests I have seen within 5% of each other.

I have both the DFI Infinity 975X/G & the ICFX3200-T2R/G & I got to tell you for ease of use & amazing performance the 975 wins. Coming from my DFI NF4 like yourself I took my 975 / E6600 to 3.8GHZ in about 3-4 days Orthos stable.

I have only had the RD600 running for 24 hours now & have like technodanvan said already booted my E6600 @ 3.9GHZ which is something the Infinity would never do or even get close too easily.

I am currently running Orthos @ 3.7GHZ right now after successfully running Orthos all night @ 3.6GHZ 3 hours after building the rig.

I think the RD600 will mature into a nice board once they get over some minor BIOS niggles but these are to be expected & no different than any other new board on the market.

I don't think the BIOS is over complicated I think the memory setup is about the same as any other board its just you have the ability to run the RAM separately from the CPU which will make overclocking easier on the CPU. I think all the extra voltages & features that I haven't needed to touch yet will probably become useful with the Quad core CPU's when they become more mainstream.

As for RAM anything that uses Micron D9 chips I have seen so far work well but the 2 brands that I am always hearing good things about are the G.skill HZ series & the OCZ Reaper, PC2-8000 SLI & 8800 gold kits.

EDIT: It passed 8hours of Ortos @ 3.7GHZ + 3DMARK01 & 03 so far. I will run 3DMARK05 & 06 & post the results later today all going well.

This is a really good thread,

I am in the same boat I plan on purchasing a new DFI Motherboard as I make the switch to intel. It seems, sadly enough that Intel is the new performance king ( I loved the NF4 Chipset on the DFI Ultra-D). I am also looking for a board I am still stuck between the infinity and the 3200. My qualm so far with them is the lack of 2 ide ports( I know I know... but I have an IDE DVDburner/dvd drive, and 2 PATA hard drives...) granted I have a spare IDE card.

With that being said I plan on most likely getting a 6400 (due to its O/C Capabilities) and am torn between the 3200 and infinity. My goal is to o/C but I dont want to have to spend 1 month just changing voltages and settings on every o/c(2 weeks is fine though :-) ). I am an enthusiast on one level but I really just want to find the max O/C and then sit back relax and have some fun with the setup.

Does anyone know if any new Lan-party style boards will be coming out? Or is my best bet one of these 2?

This is a really good thread,

I am in the same boat I plan on purchasing a new DFI Motherboard as I make the switch to intel. It seems, sadly enough that Intel is the new performance king ( I loved the NF4 Chipset on the DFI Ultra-D). I am also looking for a board I am still stuck between the infinity and the 3200. My qualm so far with them is the lack of 2 ide ports( I know I know... but I have an IDE DVDburner/dvd drive, and 2 PATA hard drives...) granted I have a spare IDE card.

With that being said I plan on most likely getting a 6400 (due to its O/C Capabilities) and am torn between the 3200 and infinity. My goal is to o/C but I dont want to have to spend 1 month just changing voltages and settings on every o/c(2 weeks is fine though :-) ). I am an enthusiast on one level but I really just want to find the max O/C and then sit back relax and have some fun with the setup.

Does anyone know if any new Lan-party style boards will be coming out? Or is my best bet one of these 2?

You want the Infinity 975X/G then IMO awesome overclocking performance that is dead easy to use.

The link at the top of this thread is for the Lanparty board (DFI LP UT ICFX3200-T2R/G)

There are very good overclocking guides springing up for the ICFX3200 now its been out a couple of months so you wont be alone if you decide to go with the ICFX & its enthusiast BIOS.

I have strung some useful things I have found so far together HERE take a look.

I would suggest the Infinity 975X/G also. The ICFX3200 is an excellent board but does require an above average amount of time for optimal settings.

To reach the level of performance the board is capable of does require adjusting most of the settings available in the bios. It will run fine with most settings left at default if all your concerned with is cpu or fsb speed. But to realize the performance reaching the level of most other boards will require spending time in the bios.

The 975X/G will give you good performance with average time spent setting it up.