Review - Tuniq Tower 120

Thanks General I appreciate it! It appears that the Termaltake fans are a bit more LED than I want much brighter compared to the Aerocool much , much brighter.

Just to let you guys know the Gigabyte backplate does work on D.F.I boards I have a Expert board and a Ultra D and it does not interfear with the trace pinson the back.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks General I appreciate it! It appears that the Termaltake fans are a bit more LED than I want much brighter compared to the Aerocool much , much brighter.

I think if you put it on a fan controller, the LEDs wouldn't be so bright. Is yours on a fan controller?

Yes I run all of my fans off of a hardware fan controller. I specifically bought the Aerocool for the cfm rating and the amout of fan blades figuring that it would be better considering the stock tuniq fan has 9 blades and also from the temp decrease that the one member said that he got of 3-5c lower than the stock Tuniq it is quieter than the thermaltakes but i'm sorry if this thing moves almost 90 cfm of air then I will be on the next months cover of Rolling Stone!

You should really get the back plate that I suggetsed as it will make you mount more rigid and spare you the flexing of the board which is no good to say the least.

well with the brass screws it did not flex as I did not want to over tighten them but with the Machine screws and wing nuts there was big time flex and for $3.00 you cant get hurt and will save you're board from damage. I am wrong I did not get it at MWAVE that was the Intel PRO/1000 PCI-E SERVER adapter that I bought. Heres the link great place to do business with out of Texas

http://www.bestbyteinc.com/index.html?stoc...er=HSK-TRI-K8BP

I don't get what the problem is using the included hardware. The cooler installed without any problems for me, and I just hand tightened the bolts with no flex on the mobo what-so-ever. This cooler is surprisingly light for it's size and the included fan works fine for me, I run it at ca 75% capacity for 1.5v on my Opty 170.

I don't get what the problem is using the included hardware. The cooler installed without any problems for me, and I just hand tightened the bolts with no flex on the mobo what-so-ever. This cooler is surprisingly light for it's size and the included fan works fine for me, I run it at ca 75% capacity for 1.5v on my Opty 170.

Is your IHS on or off? Because there was no way this would possibly have fit with the stock hardware. It's possible you were given slightly different hardware, or that your motherboard was given a slightly different back plate.

Yes, it is pretty light for its size.

No luck with 3Gs yet though. I booted at 2907 but it wasn't stable. I have been able to boot at 2907 in the past, but it wasn't stable then either. My RAM timings are incredibly loose (intentionally) and running at a 1/02 divider, so I'm wondering if it's my CPU, board, or what. I should drop the multi on my CPU and see how high the board will boot.

I had no issues installing the cooler with the included hardware, just left the spings out of the install. Other than that the Gigabyte backplate is Metal and more rigid and the screw threading comes all the way up to the top unlike the D.F.I backplate and using the brass thumb screws it exhibits no flex because you are afraid to over tighten due to the horror stories that you hear about the heads popping off. The purpose for using the steel machine screws is simple the weight and shear height of the cooler its self creates what is know in engineering terms as shearing tension due to the weight height ratio which in return is not good for the board longevity and brasss is a soft metal and there are know issues of these thumb screws heads popping off. With the Intel mounting you have 4 points to secure the hetsink to the motherboard and that distributes the weight more evenly and the brass screws are not a issue due to the 4 securing points VS the 2 on AMD K8 installs.

Thanks for posting the info -)

I was just wondering what with it being 15cm did it feel like it was going to come away from the mountings.

For example if its mounted in a desktop case you have all the weight and gravity to hold it in place.

If your using it in a midi tower then it has to remain in contact with the cpu whilst at the same time being pulled away from the chip by its own weight.

I'm not that good at explainnig things :P