Sign in to follow this  
CrAsHnBuRnXp

Bios tweak

I was wondering if there was any sort of a possibility that my motherboard would be able to tweak my video cards Vram so that it is higher than what it actually is. I know someone who is on an AM2 setup with an 8800GTS and he has the Vram at 1.37GB from 640MB and he has his card flashed to a GTX with even higher speeds I believe. So I was wondering if I could do the same? I have the utilities to flash the video bios and what not, but was just wondering about the BIOS tweak.

Thanks for any and all help.

CrAsH

I was wondering if there was any sort of a possibility that my motherboard would be able to tweak my video cards Vram so that it is higher than what it actually is.
Does that mean over-clocking by increasing the PCI-E Bus frequencies through mainboard BIOS? If so, here’s the “DIY-Street Forums > Hardware Avenue > Video Cards > Reload this Page Other - Increased PCIe Frequency = Higher GPU Overclock” thread.

he has the Vram at 1.37GB from 640MB
Increased GPU memory size? How?

I have the utilities to flash the video bios and what not, but was just wondering about the BIOS tweak.
Regarding over-clocking the 8800 GTX, I tried the BIOS tweak (here’s what I did) (, though I might misunderstand what you like to know…).

BTW, you might find this interesting…

I was wondering if there was any sort of a possibility that my motherboard would be able to tweak my video cards Vram so that it is higher than what it actually is.

No

I know someone who is on an AM2 setup with an 8800GTS and he has the Vram at 1.37GB from 640MB

He lied to you.

and he has his card flashed to a GTX with even higher speeds I believe.

If that is even possible it's a complete waste of time. You need to keep this guy away from your system.