Infinity 975X chipset cooler

Thedoc

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a northbridge watercooling Block for the

Infinity 975X motherboard

I am unsure to which type will fit (I do have an NF4 DD block)

Any advice is great fully received.

Doc

Many chipset blocks don't work well with DFI intel boards because most of them only have 2 loops while most intel chipset blocks use 4 loops (many other vendors have 4 loops on their MBs).

The Swiftech MCW-30 doesn't work well on my 925X-T2; however greenman was able to get one to work on his 975X by using the retention clip from the stock HS in addition to the clip that is supplied with the block.

Danger Den

http://www.dangerden.com/store/home.php?cat=46

Fits using all 4 mountings

Edit:

Link to Technodanvans thread/pictures showing 775 Chipset cooler on RD600 Board using all 4 mounts

http://diy-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p...429&postcount=8

The Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G is DFIs only LGA775 board that has 4 loops for the chipset heatsink mounting; the others only have 2 loops on the board, which is most probably the reason for the OP asking this question.

The Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G is DFIs only LGA775 board that has 4 loops for the chipset heatsink mounting; the others only have 2 loops on the board, which is most probably the reason for the OP asking this question.

I originally used that exact same block on my Infinity, and actually was the 'Expert' block until I purchased the adapter kit from Danger Den for around $10-15.

Using only the two hooks did bother me some, but I didn't have a problem (i.e. neither of the hooks ever pulled out) but be aware that hoses will likely be heavy enough to twist the block in relation to the chipset, you may have to use wireties in an attempt to keep it from moving. In my case it only twisted slightly so I left it alone.

For sure though, definitely cover the rest of the chipset with something (I used black electricians tape) on both the Infinity and the RD600 to prevent any of the little chips from being torn off.

To be absolutely fair though - there is NO need for a waterblock on the chipset of the Infinity unless you're running phase on the cpu. The stock heatsink isn't all that bad when reapllied with AS5/Ceramique and a fan put near it, or else the Thermalright HR-05 would be even a better solution (and what I eventually switched to).

I'm personally trying to locate a good cooler for the chipset on my 925X-T2; currently using an HR-05. Under my OC settings I'm pushing 44-45C idle and ~47C load, which is a 1-2 deg better than with the stock cooler. I've personally tried the MCW-30 and was not satisfied with the mounting. If I could get a good H2O Then I'd use that; might have to look into a PolarFlo chipset block.

LMK what your opinion is on the PolarFlo; as this may be a decent option.

To be absolutely fair though - there is NO need for a waterblock on the chipset of the Infinity unless you're running phase on the cpu. The stock heatsink isn't all that bad when reapllied with AS5/Ceramique and a fan put near it, or else the Thermalright HR-05 would be even a better solution (and what I eventually switched to).

When my Infinity just died for an unexplained reason months back I could not wait for the RMA replacement so I got myself another Infinity open box from the Egg. I vmodded the NB and ram voltages. I got it up to 1.99 on the measuring point for the NB on the mobo. I cleaned off the stock heatsink's tim and used ceramique then glued a small fan on top of it. I was able to control the heat generated with the stock heatsink at that voltage while running Orthos, ITE reading high 50's. You're man, the NB do not need water cooling.