Sign in to follow this  
flybye444

cheap ass dfi

RMA is lost by united parcel service but thats only half the problem dfi california did not insured the motherboard thats how dfi supports it customers. They are nil in the support department. Now am I going to get a new board from them or am i going to get my 100 bucks from ups. Well now that would only be 180 dollar lost thanks to both companies. I hate incompetence

you'll need to take it up with UPS...

sometimes mail get mis-directed happened to me yesterday...waited all day for a cable..they sent it to the wrong town...duh..

I think 6 days is beyond misdirection after all it is a tracking system every drop off or pickup is scan in so the board has been stolen. You know it and so do I. Plus claims are done from the shippers side so that means I have to get satisfaction from dfi. Wish me luck with that after all they sent the board back to me without insuring it so what does that say about dfi

You know to think of it...

I have had RMA's from several different companies and I dont believe any of them came back with insurance on them...?

But if it was shipped UPS there is a automatic $100.00 insurance when a product is shipped at no cost to either party...I know this for a fact...I ship mostly UPS and even 600.00 worth of insurance only cost about 4.00 extra..;)

you may want to dig a little deeper into this...I would be getting in touch with the shipper and getting satisfaction from them...

DFI does state on the RMA form you filled out that they arent responsible for lost or stolen merchandise while in transit...and you did fill one out...

Once the board is out of DFI's hands it's all on the shipper...Not defending them but thats just facts...any company is that way...;)

Sorry

Doc is right, you will have to deal with UPS. They will work with you and I am sure there is a resolution to this, it just takes time.

I feel bad for you, but stay calm and try to have patience. Your package will show up sooner or later.

UPS Ground shipments often take a while; often 7-10 days to go from the east to the west coast.

Another point to consider is that you're located in Canada; so it is very likely that it got held up in customs.

I am not sure what DFI's normal return shipping is...But I have always gotten mine in about 2 days tops...from Cali to Indiana..?;)

I am not sure what DFI's normal return shipping is...But I have always gotten mine in about 2 days tops...from Cali to Indiana..?;)

I I got my RMAs W/in 3 days (DFI-SJ to WV); but that was FedEx Express.

They co use both UPS and FedEx; so the OPs package may have been shipped UPS Ground and Customs usually adds at least one extra day to the total shipping time.

DFI sent me a dead board back, screw them next time.

I had that happen once...;)

I bought 4 boards and 3 of them booted fine but 1 of them flat out refused and I tried the usual stuff and nothing worked...so I RMA'd it...got the next one back in like a week and it wouldnt boot either...so figuring I was and idiot and couldnt get a board to boot...I sent if off for the higher power to test...it went from there back to DFI...the next one I got booted right up...

so it happens...not really a big issue...I just sent one back this morning so we'll see how it goes...I expect it back by months end...;)

DFI sent me a dead board back, screw them next time.

Once they sent me out a board with a bad SATA controller; if I tried to go past 220FSB it wouldn't even see the HDDs; so I had to re-RMA it and the next one is beating strong on a 245FSB