LOUD fans and which one could it be?

Ok now i'm mad...I could've swore the loud whirling was the BFG 7800GTX stock fan (supposedly 45dBA), but I just installed the VF700-AlCu and it's still loud in my case-as if there was no change!

I have two Panaflo M1A's and I know they are rated at 35dBA at full speed, but I have them on a fan controller at the lowest setting.

I want to say it's the TT Big Typhoon stock fan, but it's suppose to be rated at only 16dBA?

Maybe it's a culminating effect of all these fans contributing to the noise.

FANS IN MY CASE:

2x Panaflos M1A

1x TT Big Typhoon Fan

1x Cooler Master blue led 120x25 Silent Fan

1x Evercool VC-E

1x VF700-AlCu LED

...and PSU fans

If you're comfortable doing this, stop each fan individually by placing your thumb on the round part in the center. Don't let your finger hit the blades as that may cause you to need stitches, particularly on bigger fans. I've had an 80mm draw blood once before and broke a nail (I'm a classical guitarist) on one too. So be careful. But if you just apply pressure on the center of the fan to stop it, you should be able to tell what's making all the noise.

If it's your video card, you can use rivatuner to lower the fan speed.

Are you using the fanmate2 with the 700?? if not and you have it running at full blast, then that is the noise maker (trust me I own one on my HTPC).

I also have the Zalman fatital1ty on my 7900GS, both can be load if you dont use the fanmate2.

thanks for the replies.

actually i noticed it is probably the Evercool chipset fan. I had to use Smart Guardian to lower it all the way and it helped a bit. When I rev it up to full speed it gets loud.

i'm gonna try the fanmate after work today and individually disconnecting the power to the fans.

thanks y'all

great i don't have a fanmate i thought it was a program! haha

anyways 700 running at full 12V says it's only about 28dBA? Is that loud? Truthfully I don't feel a change in noise level between the stock 45dBA fan and installing this one. I wonder what that means.

i've tried stopping almost every fan except the VC-RE and i am pretty sure that it is the loudest part of the PC...i guess it's not that bad now since i have it on ITE at the lowest speed (3300RPM?).

It's still the loudest hum in my computer...is that what the rated <24dBA is? cause when i max it out to 4500RPM it is LOUD and it sounds about 40-50dBA (I don't have guage).

is this right?

i've tried stopping almost every fan except the VC-RE and i am pretty sure that it is the loudest part of the PC...i guess it's not that bad now since i have it on ITE at the lowest speed (3300RPM?).

It's still the loudest hum in my computer...is that what the rated <24dBA is? cause when i max it out to 4500RPM it is LOUD and it sounds about 40-50dBA (I don't have guage).

is this right?

Don't you have it plugged into the header? If you do, you can throttle down the fan in the BIOS by changing "NB fan fully ON" to around 55-60. It's a loud whirring noise, right?