Sign in to follow this  
scrapser

AquaMark3 Score of 66,736 on O/C C2D

I have my system overclocked to 3.112 which has been running stable in Orthos. I ran AquaMark3 and got the score in the title which should be over 100K. Something has to be wrong here and I'm thinking it may be with AquaMark3. I read a thread about the need for a DLL to fix AquaMark3 but cannot find it anywhere.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea what's going on? I'm trying to get into this overclocking thing but every time I try to do something, I have to fix something first. Right now it's AquaMark3.

Thanks

The Aquamark DLL is for ATI video cards. The 8800 doesn't need it.

Thanks for the link, K33B4.

That explains why I could never get that benchmark to run.:O

139k not too shabby.

Mystery solved! The 8800GTX comes with two 6-pin connector ports for power. My old 7800 needed only one and oddly, the 8800 manual only illustrates connecting only one 6-pin connector to the card. I forgot when I installed my drivers I got a message saying the video card was underpowered.

So I went to the BFG site and read the specs for the card. Only there will you read that the card requires either two 6-pin connectors or four 4-pin molex connectors attached to adapters supplied with the card. (Note to BFG...update your printed manuals!).

So I connected the second 6-pin connector and bingo!

AquaMark3 Score = 172,668

Thanks for all your help people!

anybody have explanations or suggestions on why i get a score of 99K with my 8800GTS 640mb and E6600 @ 3.6Ghz. My mem is set at 2.66 divider which means it's running at 500Mhz( FSB= 400Mhz x2.66)