Sign in to follow this  
Guest tytlyf_merged

4 LED, no post. New opty 170 OC

Guest tytlyf

Got my 170 and started OC'n. Booted fine about 10 times at variable speeds. Now it give me 4 LED's and no post.

I have a feeling it's the CPU.

I swapped back in the opty 148 and booted fine.

Whats weird is that the DRAM LED light doesn't come on when the computer is off. The normal yellow light by the diagnostic LED's is on, but the DRAM LED comes and goes.

Not sure what this means. I haven't pushed voltages over 1.4 yet.

When turning the system on, sometimes the power button doesn't respond. Seems hit and miss now. Something is wrong. Any opinions ?

You might want to try another PSU just to take that out of the picture.

Guest tytlyf

took the battery out 15 mins, and its booting again. right now running 2.7 1.35v. Whats weird is i set the vid + % to 1.4v, and bios is showing 1.35v.

Also, in CPUZ, vcore1 shows 1.35 and vcore2 shows 1.28. what's that all about ?

that happened to me a few weeks ago - same type of issue - power button is pushed but dosnt come on for a few sec. - 4 leds etc. -- it was my psu -- i RMA back and got a replacement - working fine now - i though it was my CPU also or board - or memory because of the yellow light also

but it was the power --

try a new psu -- and higher watts etc. -- my psu i think barely runs my system unless i had a bad one - or just looses power over some time - i had mines a year --

my next psu will be 850 and up in wattage and i want to get a high amp one 12V rail - this dual - quad rails is confusing and i rather have one high amp rail - works better i think and every thing gets the power --

i would try a new or stronger psu first - its easier to change a psu than a board -- which may not be the problem - i though it was my cpu also but it wasnt -