OMG Thats freaking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely clever :) What type of N/B temps are you seeing under load?

Dunno. I actually noticed it was so hot it was uncomfortable to touch so I made the fan thing. Now it barely gets warm.

So we can start a class action suite against intel and gigabyte........lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a trick i just thought of today and it works perfectly.After i got my 8800GTS sometime's when messing around with my OC ive ended up with a none booting system .So then id have to pull out my 8800GTS and then find a spare jumper(I keep a bunch in my PC junk box) to clear the cmos.But i got really tried of this so i got to thinking.And i came up with this.

I found a old pentium 1 H/S with the fan still on it.Looking at it's 2 hole connector i figured it would slip right on the cmos jumper which it did.So i cut the wire's off at the fan and then added another 3 or 4 inches on each end of the wire(I used the same color wire). So i install the fan connector on the cmos jumper and installed my card.And then i restarted PC.Then I pewered down my PC and then turned off PSU and then i pushed and held the power button for a few seconds to drain off any extra juice left in the circuts. I then bared the wire ends from the homemade reset switch and then i touched the 2 wire's ends together and it reset my cmos.It worked perfect.

Now no more pulling out my 8800GTS to reset the cmos..Next Im gonna see if i can find a reset switch from another Ultra Aluminus case or radio shack or some place because a regular reset switch would work the same way im sure and i wouldnt have to put a piece of tape over the bare wire ends anymore...lol

only con's here is the wire looks ugly hanging there and having to tape the ends after i finish so i dont reset the cmos by the wires touching something metal by mistake.

There is no way to monitor unless you have some type of temp gauge hooked up

Everest Ultimate Edition doesn't work with your board? The temps on mine Everest vs. BIOS are very close at idle.

So we can start a class action suite against intel and gigabyte........lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a trick i just thought of today and it works perfectly.After i got my 8800GTS sometime's when messing around with my OC ive ended up with a none booting system .So then id have to pull out my 8800GTS and then find a spare jumper(I keep a bunch in my PC junk box) to clear the cmos.But i got really tried of this so i got to thinking.And i came up with this.

Well i used to have a few old cases around and i pulled the old start and reset switch jumers out but of course i couldnt find them but i did found a old pentium 1 H/S with the fan still on it.Looking at its connector i could see it was only a 2 hole connector which looked like it would slip right on the cmos jumper which it did.So i cut the wire and then added another 3 or 4 inches on each end of the wire(I used the same color wire). So i put the connector on the jumper and installed my card..I then bared the wire ends .I shut off the PC from the PSU and and held power button to drain off any extra juice left in the circuts. touched the 2 wire ends together and it resets my cmos everytime.No more pulling my 8800GTS to reset the cmos..Im gonna see if i can find a reset switch from another Ultra Aluminus case because its reset switch would work im sure and i wouldnt have to put a piece of tape over the bare wire ends anymore.

only con's here is the wire looks ugly hanging there and having to tape the ends after i finish so i dont reset the cmos by the wires touching something metal by mistake.

a three pin fan extension fits purfectly and you've got the jumper there

a three pin fan extension fits purfectly and you've got the jumper there

All i did was make it so i wouldnt have to pull my video card out when ever i locked my PC.And since I heard a few people complaining about the placement of the cmos on the DS3 i figured id post how i got around it.For those of you that aleady did this thats great but i was just tryin to help out those guys that are still pulling out their video cards everytime their PC locks from OCing