Best Buy Busted Baking Buyer Bargains

red930

Even if BestBuy has an intranet; shouldn't the intranet site reflect the same price as their website?

IMO the only reason for an internal intranet site would be as a backup in case the main website goes off-line.

Even if BestBuy has an intranet; shouldn't the intranet site reflect the same price as their website?

IMO the only reason for an internal intranet site would be as a backup in case the main website goes off-line.

The website us consumers see at home may show, for example, an instant rebate of $150. If you want to check with an employee at the retail store, he'll use the intranet site to show you that there is no $150 markdown, to get rid of customers who want to buy the thing for less.

Then when you get back home, you check again, see there is still a $150 markdown, and go :confused: :confused: :confused: (the average consumer)

Well, you would think so wouldn't you?!?! Since it doesn't there's only one conclusion...

Fraud!

It simply amazes me how much bad info sits out there on corporate websites.

Just last month Microsoft delayed a subscription shipment. Two days after it was due to arrive the original info was still on their site. I had to place a call to check the status and was told there was a delay. Now, this meant wasting my time and a support person to handle the call.

They could have sent an update email to the subscriber list or simply updated the info on their site.

I know I'm not the only person that called regarding the delay so you can imagine the amount of time wasted for this one event.

Update the site - 10 minutes max.

Send an update email - 10 minutes max.

Do nothing and waste 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back - Just plain stoopid!