Hmm,quite A Pickle Im In

zep_54

well my home network has 3 comps on it right this moment, soon to be 4. But my isp only supports 2 ip addresses, and i have 3 comps joined by a 5 port router, is there anyway to share an ip address between 2 computers,i asked to buy more ips but they said no,you must purchuse another adsl connection,and thats 55bucks a month so hells no. Some one help pllease:S

No. You must have a unique IP for each computer. Unless you want to remove one when you use the other...

What Router is it?

Depending on the router, you should be able to get away with assigning the router the IP from the ISP and then assign each computer an IP of 168.192.x.x ... then use the LAN IP of the router as the gateway/DNS for your network....

Linksys is easy to set up, and the documentation they provide will more than allow you to do what you want..

- Set the WAN IP as the one from your ISP

- Set all PCs up with a 192.168.1.x IP - Each one different

- The router should have a LAN IP of 192.168.1.1, use that as the DNS/Gateway for all your computers

That's one way... most Linksys routers also support DHCP ability.. or, they will act as a DHCP server...

- Set the WAN IP as the one from your ISP

- Turn on DHCP on the router

- Set each computer to "Use DHCP"