Sign in to follow this  
Guest tytlyf_merged

Got a 170 on the way, let the OC'n begin

Guest tytlyf
Were you using that to test for stability or for just to see how quickly it could run?

i was testing how fast it could run a 1M. Theres no way that was prime stable. I pushed it to the edge of barely completing a single 1M run.

I got mine from new jersey on the east coast so i doubt the area its shipped from means anything

It makes a difference because different warehouses have different stock. In December I bought a Opty 165 that was shipped from Cali...and got a 0551 UPMW. I sold that here on the forums and then bought a Opty 170 that was also shipped from Cali...and got this stepping. So where it is shipped from could definatly make a difference depending on what that particular wharehouse has in stock.

Seems like AMD's been shipping a ton of LCB9E's everywhere... I've seen them come out of Cali and NJ. Saw some CCBBE's out of Tennessee, but I can bet they'll be getting LCB9E's too.

Seems like AMD's been shipping a ton of LCB9E's everywhere... I've seen them come out of Cali and NJ. Saw some CCBBE's out of Tennessee, but I can bet they'll be getting LCB9E's too.

got my CCBBE from california on christmas :D. anyclue if the LCB9E is coldbugged?

Guest tytlyf

After a week or so of troubleshooting a boot problem, I have got this chip stable at 2.8 w/ 1.43v. I had a major problem and it took over a week to discover that the problem was the PSU. The Fortron 500w was not enough power to run my system. I now have the OCZ 700w and it's been running fine for a couple days.

With the previous PSU i was able to reach 2.75 stable with the same voltage. And that was tested to the limit for that voltage, 2.8 needed about 1.48 to be stable. Now with the new PSU I'm stable at 2.8 with 1.43v :) Who knows, I might be able to back off the voltage for this speed now!

So that other PSU was limiting my OC. I will be testing this weekend to see what this chip will do for real now. Load is around 50c avg currently. Who knows, I may be able to get 2.9 with same voltage. It's like OC'n all over again for the max. This new OCZ psu is awesome.

Will keep you posted on my OC adventure, I guess this LCB9E stepping isn't all that bad after all!