Fluid XP: Vortex XP

StizzSwizz

Hey Guys,

I just recently purchased the Vortex XP CPU block for my 3800X2 (AM2) on my DFI UT nf590 mobo. And it was a pain to install with my water cooling lines attached, but I tightened down the four mounting bolts to proper specs and used AS5 as my TIM. But I seem to get high temps for a water cooling setup. The CPU idles around 36-39C and under load will reach 45-48C. Does anybody else have this particular cooling block?

With my old mobo-cpu combo (in my sig) i would only hit mid 40's C under my max overclock (about 3Ghz).

I am using ITE smart guardian to see my temps, and they seem to be the same in BIOS as well.

Anyway, I guess the most expensive CPU water cooling block isnt the better choice (so far). I would of got the Apogee GT but I just dont like the plastic water fittings on the top, maybe I'll get the GT anyway.

Thanks,

Steve

Anyway, I guess the most expensive CPU water cooling block isnt the better choice (so far). I would of got the Apogee GT but I just dont like the plastic water fittings on the top, maybe I'll get the GT anyway.

Just get the Perfect Seal fittings @ DangerDen if you're worried about the plastic.

In my rig the plastic is fine though.

What cooling fluid do you use?......it looks very green and awesome from the sig pic.

Thanks, It does look good doesn't it?

Mix is as follows:

• ~92% Distilled H2O
  • ~7% Zerex (Engine Coolant)
  • 1-2 ml Green UV Dye-Lite (Engine Coolant leak detector)