OCZ "Platinum" vs "Performance" 2x1GB kits

kaborka

I've got the nF4 Ultra D, currently with the memory in my sig. I want to go to 2GB with some memory that will o/c reasonably well. I'm debating between the OCZ Platinum vs the Performance 2x1GB kits. Both these have a rebate thru this week. I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra $$ for the Platinum. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

(PS: Haven't visited for a while and was looking for dfi-street. Hadn't heard about the change.)

I've got the nF4 Ultra D, currently with the memory in my sig. I want to go to 2GB with some memory that will o/c reasonably well. I'm debating between the OCZ Platinum vs the Performance 2x1GB kits. Both these have a rebate thru this week. I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra $$ for the Platinum. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

(PS: Haven't visited for a while and was looking for dfi-street. Hadn't heard about the change.)

What's the price difference? I am running the 2GB Platinum as you can see in my sig. I have it running around DDR450 but I've seen people hit up to DDR480. I have not used the performance series but my personal opinion it seems like that is a step down and would probably overclock less than the Platinum.

At Newegg the Performance is at $140 AR, and the Platinum is at $174 AR, so we're talking $34. I saw some discussion over in the memory forum that current kits don't o/c nearly as well as the old ones because production runs of DDR1 are so limited. Some were saying getting used on eBay was better -- dunno about that. The current chips and timings on the current Platinum kits won't match my old 2x512 Platinum Rev 2 kit, either. Not sure what to do -- sell my Rev 2 and get something altogether different?

I don't see your Rev 2 kit at NE. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.