Best Thermal compound?

Greetings I ran out of thermal paste and will be O/C a new AM2 setup and my current DFI Ultra-D setup.

I was wondering which paste at http://www.svc.com/thermal-compound.html

Will give me the best cooling and the most longevity (in future system setups) Thanks a lot!

I say Artic Silver 5 (AS5)

AS5 and it can take up to 200hr of power cycles to fully cure. Which then you should see temp drop.

Follow the AS5 directions, a little goes a long way.

I would go with either artic silver 5 or ceramique. They both work great and ceramique works great on chipsets and other bare chips. I use as5 on my cpu's and have for a long time now.

So do you put Ceramique on your RAM chips like on Video Cards and such instead of AS5?

You can put it on ram chips but it isn't an adhesive so I would stick to thermal tape on ram. It is on two of my gpu's though and two of my boards chipsets. I try to have a tube of each around pretty much all the time.

I plan on trying some Ram O/C and GPU O/C down the road.

With that being said it seems for the CPU / GPU AS5 would be a good option:

http://www.svc.com/as5-3g.html

It says it can be used on 12 cpus. All things considered I figure a 3.5 gram tube would go a long way. Then for my GPU and ram sticks what would be good thermal tape?

I will be buying the Evercool VCR-E for the chipset fan on my DFI-ULTRA-D( which sounds like a bomb is ready to go off). What else would you suggest

If you want silence on your chipset go with the Thermalright HR-05. I'm running that on my chipset completely passive (so it's silent) and it's cooling my chipset cooler than the stock fan. For your RAM modules removing the stock heatspreaders voids your warranty so do it with caution if you decide to at all.

If you want silence on your chipset go with the Thermalright HR-05. I'm running that on my chipset completely passive (so it's silent) and it's cooling my chipset cooler than the stock fan. For your RAM modules removing the stock heatspreaders voids your warranty so do it with caution if you decide to at all.

Well my Ram chips have no heatspreaders on them actually :-P I was thinking putting something on them or going ahead and just getting a fan to attach to them. I am definitely looking for silence on that chipset fan since its louder at the moment than all of my fans combined. Which is quite miraculous when you look at the pictures of my case. As to the Thermalright HR-05 is it the same size? since my 1950xt goes over my chipset fan and the last thing I need is it interfering with it. Thanks a lot!

I would go with either artic silver 5 or ceramique. They both work great and ceramique works great on chipsets and other bare chips. I use as5 on my cpu's and have for a long time now.

this is my advice as well :)