This may be goodbye, My mobo fried.

Saturday my liquid cooling failed so my temperature limit was being hit almost instantly and shuting my pc down. I put on the stock hsf and everything was cool again until I reset the bios. I reset it to take everything back down to defaults since I was running a stock cooler. My PS2 ports do not work now so I am stuck at a press F1 or Del key prompt as soon as I boot up. It looks like one of my 5 volts lines in the mobo is dead. I am guessing either the overheating or the rebuild did something to it. Any last minute ideas before I go to a local shop and buy a budget MSI mobo? I dont have the money or the patience to order a new DFI lanparty mobo.

I don't belive that the heat was a issue! What is your shut off temp set to in the BIOS? You had water before so it wasn't higher than 60C, right? 60C or 70C is not the temp. to break a mobo. Do another cmos clear and check again!

it was set for 60c shutoff. I think something happened to it when I rebuilt it. I just can't put my finger on it. I have all 3 power connections on the mobo plugged up and everything else seems to be working ok. But if the PS2 ports dont work what can I do? The light indicators are are all ok.

you could get a USB adapter for your mouse and keyboard and have no need for the PS2 ports, my mouse is a USB mouse I had to get a adapter to use it in the PS2 port.

Just a option so you don't have to get rid of your board.

you could get a USB adapter for your mouse and keyboard and have no need for the PS2 ports, my mouse is a USB mouse I had to get a adapter to use it in the PS2 port.

Just a option so you don't have to get rid of your board.

I have a usb mouse and keyboard but it will not work until windows is booted up. I have tried 2 different PS2 keyboards, 2 different usb keyboards, and the same story on the mouse too. The usb ones dont work pre windows and the PS2 ones dont work period. I cannot boot into windows because I am stuck at a prompt to press F1 or Del. I have tried different usb ports also. This would not be acceptable even if it would boot strait to windows and just the usb kyd and mouse worked. A board that I cannot get into the bios on is useless.

Now off of that

All of the ok board localy are sold out so do I order this one from newegg overnight or the EXPERT edition. I know nothing about the EXPERT version except what I see in the spec and pics, which isnt much. Is it better? I know it came out later.

PLATOON,

I know you did a CMOS clear but try a long CMOS clear like this and follow it exactly. Use the PS2 with NO adapters.

I have all 3 power connections on the mobo plugged up and everything else seems to be working ok.

You should have a total of 4 power connectors plugged in Not 3.

Plug in all four (4) power connectors. These are;

24-pin main power connector

4-pin 12v secondary connector or EPS

4-pin 5v/12v molex connection or HDD-type

4-pin 5v/12v floppy connection or FDD-type

you said you restarted your bios. Its a long shot but in my experiance sometimes problems like this are very simple, double check to make sure your ps/2 onboard ports were not disabled in your bios. GL.

I cannot get to the bios. My PS2 ports do not work and the usb ports do not work until I get to windows. I am stopping at a prompt to press F1 or Del to go on with changes or go to setup. Thanks for the GL. Maybe it will work tnight.

I cannot get to the bios. My PS2 ports do not work and the usb ports do not work until I get to windows. I am stopping at a prompt to press F1 or Del to go on with changes or go to setup. Thanks for the GL. Maybe it will work tnight.

sorry I should have spent more time reading your original post. That is definatly a bind though and the only thing I could think of would be the full clear. keep us posted on what happens, il try to think of anything else.

A couple weeks ago this happened to me. I think my PS/2 port just took as dump or something...but it would just start clicking and I was also stuck at the "press F1 or Delete". So I ordered a USB keyboard and of course that wouldn't work because usb wasn't enabled in the bios. What I ended up doing was moving the connector back and forth a little bit and the KB started working. Almost as if the PS/2 port has a bad connection to the mobo. So once the keyboard started working I went into the bios, enabled USB, and have since stopped using the PS/2 port. Not exactly fixing anything but it works now and I don't want to RMA it.

So yeah basically my advice is to try wiggling the connector and see if that will work lol

A couple weeks ago this happened to me. I think my PS/2 port just took as dump or something...but it would just start clicking and I was also stuck at the "press F1 or Delete". So I ordered a USB keyboard and of course that wouldn't work because usb wasn't enabled in the bios. What I ended up doing was moving the connector back and forth a little bit and the KB started working. Almost as if the PS/2 port has a bad connection to the mobo. So once the keyboard started working I went into the bios, enabled USB, and have since stopped using the PS/2 port. Not exactly fixing anything but it works now and I don't want to RMA it.

So yeah basically my advice is to try wiggling the connector and see if that will work lol

Thanks for the info. I have heard the clicking also right after it finished DFI Lanparty screen. Your problem sounds exactly like mine. I will wiggle it and giggle it. Maybe I wont have to get rid of it. Did that rhyme?