Anyone tried peltier cooling?

If your video cards are water cooled you will have to run a separate loop for those as the TEC will put a bunch of heat into the cooling system.

Typical CPU temps with a 280 watt pelt would be around 10 - 12 loaded. The downside is there will be a 15 - 20 temp increase at the radiator.

I ran them for a long time, but living in AZ it would heat up my computer room to the point it was uncomfortable in a couple of hours. Winter with the window open was OK..

Guest thespin

If you are going to do it I would suggest getting a Peltier cooling kit that works by cooling the water in your liquid cooling loop(s). That way you can install the Peltier unit, which generates a lot of heat, outside your case.

However, I would guess that with your current system, listed in your sig, the easiest way to go faster would be to buy a faster compatible Athlon processor and just drop it in ...

One thing I always noticed when I was messing around with peltiers, is when you shut off power to the peltier, BOTH sides of the plate get extremely hot.... I am not sure how this works with W/C, but to me it seems like you risk putting a LOT of heat right onto the processor when there is no cooling available.

H2O cooled Peltiers can achieve lower temps than with H2O alone; but larger Rads are req'd to handle the heat dissipation.

If money isn't an object; then why not go with phase-change vapor cooling; they can reach substantially sub-zero temps.

If you're into exotic cooling; then LN2 would be your best bet.

Your choice depends on noise, too. If you are looking for the quietest solution, watercooling with a BIG radiator and a couple BIG low speed fans would probably win that, but if you are looking for the absolute best cooling and noise isn't a big deal, a Vapochill is probably unbeatable. Back in the day (~3 years ago) I "convinced" my GF I needed a Vapochill XS for Valentine's Day. It kept my then new XP3200+ at -42*C under full load, but was way too damn noisy to have on the same floor. My Waterchill setup was much quieter, but obviously only got down to within a couple degrees of ambient. Still at least as quiet as most normal air cooling for today's processors, though.

well right now with just the liquid cooling im at 22C idle and 30max load with the cpu and its overclocked to 2.58 ghz, chipset with load is about 45c and my cards on load run about 56c dont know how good that is but i just like to go for the best i can get.... oh ya lol noise isnt a problem... on my radiator i use x3 of the vantec tornados......sometimes i think its louder than my vacume with the case open

I used to run one on mine 7900GTX! Dropped the temps down to -11C on idle and 10C on full load! That was pretty fun to mess with it. The over clock was pretty good as well on it. 3 Tornados doesn't sound like fun to me unless you like the sound of a taking off jet. He He! I used them for a while as well but after a while I switched over to Panflows which are better. The trick with the tec's is that you need to buy just the right size for you application. There is no science of slapping a 460Watt Pelti on and watch it heat up your cooling water up to 50C and your room with it as well. If you stay a little above the 0C you don't have to deal with all the condensation and in most cases you will get some extra MHZ out of your CPU improving the temps on full load comparing to water. :)