Sign in to follow this  
skinnie

how are your socket A rigs?

Ppl,I notice that since the dfi street became diy street there is no much movement of our lil "32 bit" spot...

WIth the vista fever do you get rid of your socket a rig?

how are your socket a rigs?

Well from me you got some good news,a new dfi nf2 ultra b rig born here @ home..a budget one..

a 4led of death dfi board 15eur :) after a flash running very good

a msi g4 ti4200 vtp agp4x card with a vf700alcu from my 9800pro (does 300/600 ) :)

my 2x256 ocz pc3500 el plat LE BH5

a 10eur atx case,some cd burners and reader and couple of pacience :)

my main rig is a lil lazy,but soon it will become fit again...going back on air again and with a kit of mushkin redline xp4000 things will rock again..

long live socket A rigs..

tell me about yours guys

I wish I would have picked up one of those nF2 Ultra B's along time ago. I was really intrigued by all the mods you could do to it, but alas, I missed the boat on that one.

Any idea where I could find one? I've got an old Barton core I'd like to see power up again.

My tower is still running very well. I even tried vista on it, however I was unimpressed but it and went back to xp. I built mine on a budget but, have been slowly upgrading it. I recently added a thermaltake Sonic Tower cpu cooler that drop my temps 5C.

Nope! Still got my little darling. That Toaster rig that is. DFI LP nFII Ultra-B

She is down right now because I rape her PSU to put in a DFI nF4 Ultra-D with a x2 3800 to make a SMP folding RIG. She will be back up most ricky-tic with a new Xclio 450W PSU.

Still got my rig as well, although i killed my mobile 2500(too much vcore under phase). Just an xp1700 in her at the moment at 240x10 with 2x512 Centon UTT-CH5, at 11-2-2-2-2-1t. I can't bring myself to get rid of the old girl.

I had one of those Abit AN7's, loved it to death until it puffed up its caps and died. It was a very sad day.:sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm planing on getting a lpb too with a xp-m2600+.. I was tempted onswitching my sig rig with a phase-change cooled xp-m2800 on a lpb and 7800gs+ bliss (actual 7900gt) but the owner gave up at the final moment.. lol...

my lpb will be a dry ice test bed for both xp-m2600 and another XP (non-mobile) AQUCA wich I find to be the best core eva

but here in brazil they're a bit hard to find....damn it...

Hi everyone.

I'll be keeping eye on this post here on the LP ultra B.

I am upgrading my current socket A board. Almost a major upgrade tho, considering what I I am putting in.

I found, and bought on Ebay an LP Ultra NF2 - rev B, along with also I found on Ebay the XP-M 2600+ that is unlocked.

I have one question tho, if anyone has any suggestions, or ideas.

What would be the best possible CPU cooler to use for it, AIR COOLed that is ??

Thanks,

Opt

PS - Name here is Ryan , Opt is also my gaming name, use on many MMO games.