Atacom....

gruntbull

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS HACK OF A COMPANY...

Experience:

Bought a DFI XPRESS3200 LP UT Mobo from them, paid over 170 in cost and shipping (which was really high)

Board was DOA... no post...

Got RMA number and shipped back. Contacted RMA dept, could not understand the lady, so I asked to speak to manager, she states he was at a meeting and was obviously lying to me... I wasnt mad at her, per say until the lie... so then I call back and ask the operator if I could speak to the RMA Manager, she obviously doesnt know my situation and states he is on vacation and he will be back tomorrow or the next... thus confirming the lie told by Ming in RMA.

So then this brings us to the non-working motherboard... I get 85% of my part cost, and the rest is gone... My shipping charge not reimbursed I understand, dont like it but understand. But the 15% of the part cost... I SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED for their bad board.

So what do I do now? NEWEGG.COM eat a few bucks, but have a real company to deal with. Im out 50+ dollars and no board.... Screw DFI, and Screw Atacom,

DONT deal with them, in the end they will keep your cash. On a lighter note the Better Business Bureau is kind and listens and doesnt lie... Will I get the 15% no, but they will make a nice note on atacom for me :)

A sticky would be good. I think it should take 3-4 peeps with a bad experience to get mention, maybe 10 to get the "mark of shame"

Sad note, the only way not to lose my shirt is to take another DFI board, which I will do... regrettably as I cant waste more money on another MOBO for a few months.

MY LP UT NF4 has done me well for a while, and I was trying to stay loyal, but as I can see it isnt always about loyalty that gets you taken care of.

The biggest thing I don't like about NewEgg is that if you buy a part and it's DOA or fails within a week, and you replace it with something else and want a refund from NewEgg, they hit you with a 15% "restocking" fee for something they obviously aren't going to "restock" if you're sending it back because the damn thing is dead. You should have a window of say 1 business week (5 biz days) to return a defective item for refund with no penalties. In a way, you did NewEgg a favor by getting a dead item off their shelves. A minor quibble, though, with how good their service is on all other fronts. I had heard before ATACOM sucked, so confirmation is good :)

Disagree laserred, I go out of my way to order my hardware from Newegg because of their willingness to work with you and waive restock fees.

Call them up and be pro-active.

I had a DOA Asus P5B-E and they not only waived the restock fee but gave me free overnight shipping on a replacement board. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with, by a huge margin compared to others.

If you for whatever reason are unsatisfied with an item, as long as you order something else they will again waive restock fees.

You can work with them through e-mail, but I find that calling them up and talking to them is the best way to find satisfaction.

The biggest thing I don't like about NewEgg is that if you buy a part and it's DOA or fails within a week, and you replace it with something else and want a refund from NewEgg, they hit you with a 15% "restocking" fee for something they obviously aren't going to "restock" if you're sending it back because the damn thing is dead. You should have a window of say 1 business week (5 biz days) to return a defective item for refund with no penalties. In a way, you did NewEgg a favor by getting a dead item off their shelves. A minor quibble, though, with how good their service is on all other fronts. I had heard before ATACOM sucked, so confirmation is good :)

The only time I have received anything DOA from newegg it was a set of ram and with one phone call they gave me a full refund. I ended up getting another set of ram from them on the same phone call from a different Manufacturer. Every time I have dealt with them on any issue they have went above and beyond my expectations to make it right. I just wish they would go back to fed ex for their shipping specials.

I have never, ever had a negative experience with Newegg. And I have ordered many times.

They do have policies but they can be reasoned with. Just imagine how many lying, cheating, and just plain stupid customers they have to deal with.

When you call, you will talk to someone. Wonder of Wonders they even post their phone number. Everyone I talked to could even speak English (no offense intended toward our foreign friends but I am limited to one language). Try any of this on Buy.com.

I have often paid more for items, just to buy them from Newegg. (There is a limit of course):)

And like I say, there are other good ones, just not as good.