Sign in to follow this  
THEnumber337

VGA Cooling Recommendation

I'm in the market for a VGA heatsink. Since I replaced the stock chipset cooler on my motherboard with the Thermalright HR-05 SLI the loudest fan in my system is the stock VGA cooling fan. I've been looking at the Zalman VF700 and the VF900. Is there improvement enough between the two to warrant the price difference? Keep in mind that I'm not just looking for cooling performance but I'm looking for the best balance of cooling and silence. I'm more than open to other suggestions for air cooling. I used to have an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer on my old 6800GT but the last time I checked none of the Silencers supported my video card. Thanks in advance.

I used the 700 on my media center PC to replace the dead fan on my 6600GT. It has kept the noise down a lot, I also used the fat1at1y version on my 7900GS, if you have it turned up you can get a lot of noise from it. But other wise it does a good job cooling if you use the Fan mate2