Sign in to follow this  
bleach

Bios Flash w/RD1 problem

The problem isnt with the disc itself, its with trying to flash my RD1 bios savior. I need to write an infinity M2 bios to the RD1. First I tried in an athlon xp system and it said the bios is write protected. I then tried in a skt 939 MSI board and it just said 'please wait' and never moved past that in the flashing process.

Guest Tmod
The problem isnt with the disc itself, its with trying to flash my RD1 bios savior. I need to write an infinity M2 bios to the RD1. First I tried in an athlon xp system and it said the bios is write protected. I then tried in a skt 939 MSI board and it just said 'please wait' and never moved past that in the flashing process.

Well instead of posting a thread titled Tmod bios CD problem have you thought that maybe there might be something wrong with the bios savior?

The wires on the bios savior are very fragile and break very easy, You will be able to flash the original chip but not the RD1 chip.

Also check the switch as I have had to fix quite a few of those as well.

Tmod

Guest Tmod
ok I can see the wiring has come loose. Will I be able to use any PC to flash the RD1 to my Infinity m2 bios?

You should be able to use any motherboard that accepts the version of RD1 Bios Savior you have.

You didn't state what version the Bios Savior is so I cannot tell you what motherboard you can flash it on.

The Bios Savior comes in several different flavors and you really need to know what you have.

Tmod

Ugh I remember switching my RD1 from my NF3 to my NF4 rig. Getting the new bios flashed to the RD1 was quite a hair pulling project. With THunDA and RGone

help it turned out to be pretty easy to do.

well tbh I used it alot when I was tweaking and OC'ing my NF2 rig. It worked in that slot so I assume it works with NF4. In any case I'll get it resoldered pronto and revive my AM2 board when I can be bothered.