OCCT Problems.....

On my old DFI NF4 SLI-D, and AMD CPU combo, i would try and OC and run OCCT as a pre-stresser before running ORTHOS/PRIME 95 etc.

If the OC was unstable OCCT would return a message saying something regarding "The test has been haulted because of XYZ"

If the OC was good it would say, something like "PASSED or COMPLETE"

I cant remember the EXACT wording but you get my drift......

On my Core 2 Duo machine, I can run OCCT at 3.05Ghz and get no errors. However, when it reaches 99%-100% it doesnt say any PASSED/WELL DONE/CONGRATZ/COMPLETE message etc, it just goes back to 0% !!!, saying remaining time :0H 0M 0S, and still displaying the STABILITY TEST Title !!

So whats going on? Has it passed. Or is their something wrong?

Ive even gone back to Default settings which were >24Hrs ORTHOS stable (I didnt originally use OCCT at Default clocks) and it does EXACTLT the same !!

In the mean time, Ive checked for a newer version (which i have found) and im giving that a try at default clocks....... I will update this thread in around 30 mins :)

I was going to suggest that. Latest version will tell you "System stable" when complete, I think :) Anyway it has worked fine with RD600 and IN9 32X-MAX...

EDIT: beat me to it...good to hear.

Waahoo. All problems sorted and i now have an Entry in the OC Database with 3.4Ghz !! Im well chuffed !! I have to push my CPU further especially since the Temps are so good (ie plenty more V's i can use) and then i need to find out what my Memory will take !!