Sign in to follow this  
Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

Guest r3d c0m3t
wow...

aint no way....

I really like mario brothers games....especially mario kart...but I dont own any cuz I refuse to pay big bucks for something I'll only play for a few days...

Although I just realized price was an issue, the point was Super Mario Bros. 4 does not exist. I'll argue anyone who says otherwise. :sweat:

was at vallmart looking at 1gig usb flash sticks guy comes up can i help u i go do u have any faster drives than this he days thay only make them in 1 speed ... ok ignored that dumb butt comment ... is there any over 2 gigs in store he replys there only made in 1 gig size ... as im looking at the 2 gig one

Guest r3d c0m3t

First and foremost, I want to ask if there's any reason in having Vista Ultimate if you don't have a DX10-compatible mobile GPU? Isn't one of the biggest selling points of Ultimate...Aero Glass?

Okay, this is all from the same person and this conversation took place not too long ago, so I decided to post while the stupidity was still fresh. :sweat:

First, the shortened version of this XP/Vista conversation:

Her - But no point in using XP.

Me - Who told you that?

Her - It's old.

Her - It's the wave of the past.

Me - This...is interesting.

Secondly, she seems to be misinformed on Vista and DX10:

Me - If you're using ultimate, that means you're capable of using Aero Glass, which alludes to that laptop of yours having a DX10 video card.

Me - Right?

Her - They don't have mobile DX10 cards.

I could be wrong here, because once I found out what I needed to know to stay away from Vista, I lost all interest period, but isn't a DX10 GPU required for Ultimate? Otherwise if it weren't, wouldn't it be more sound to just go with Home?

First and foremost, I want to ask if there's any reason in having Vista Ultimate if you don't have a DX10-compatible mobile GPU? Isn't one of the biggest selling points of Ultimate...Aero Glass?

Okay, this is all from the same person and this conversation took place not too long ago, so I decided to post while the stupidity was still fresh. :sweat:

First, the shortened version of this XP/Vista conversation:

Her - But no point in using XP.

Me - Who told you that?

Her - It's old.

Her - It's the wave of the past.

Me - This...is interesting.

Secondly, she seems to be misinformed on Vista and DX10:

Me - If you're using ultimate, that means you're capable of using Aero Glass, which alludes to that laptop of yours having a DX10 video card.

Me - Right?

Her - They don't have mobile DX10 cards.

I could be wrong here, because once I found out what I needed to know to stay away from Vista, I lost all interest period, but isn't a DX10 GPU required for Ultimate? Otherwise if it weren't, wouldn't it be more sound to just go with Home?

Vista only needs DX9 for Aero; and even the Home-Premium version has Aero, only the Home-Basic doesn't have it. The only thing is that for Aero to run you need a GFX card with a minimum of 128Mb RAM, otherwise, just 32Mb.

I've installed a pc from scratch 2-3 times before and now it's time to do it again. I noticed that my Q6600 has no pins on it but there seems to be pins in the 775 socket on my nforce 680i instead. How is it done? I'm pretty sure that the pins don't go in the processor ( or do they? ) I've now placed the processor firmly onto the socket, removed the protection caps and such. What do I do now? Just lower the lever again or do I need to push a little on the processor itself first?

Sorry for the confusion, been 2 years since I last upgraded

Ohhh man you got one of those too?

I talked with the Intel rep and they said they had some manufacturing bugs and a shipment of Q6600's were shipped before pins were installed.

atomrofl.gif

This is where she calls me all the way from Mississipi. And I quote... 'Brian... When I removed my CPU from the socket, all the pins stayed in the socket but the CPU section, came off in my fingers with no effort!'. Now imagine someone trying to keep her composure, and not doing a very good job of it, while trying to explain this and actually comprehend how it happened and how much it's going to cost her. So I tell her to contact Asus again and see if she needs to add any details to her present RMA or if they'll need to reissue another number. She does and they say just send the board and nothing else and noted the additons to her present RMA#. That was friday before last. She just heard from the RMA dept on Friday and nope, sorry, this isn't covered (the pins still being in the socket) we'll charge you $40 for repair/replacement. Is it just me or did they totally overlook the fact that the original problem had to do with idling temps being in the dangerzone? And since I've never seen pins fuse themselves to a socket before, do you think that the same overheating issue would've caused it?

(no offense to the guy who originally posted this, by the way :tooth: )

had one guy try to convince me 720p native res is as good quality as 1080i because 720p has a "p" and the "p" is better.... In the end I just got a 200$ 26" non hd TV and it has better quality then the 19" samsung 720p TV at 650$ :

eh, also I do technical support for vista (networking)... so I talk to lots of stupid people.

What is the worse is when the customer spends like 1-2 minutes looking for nothing and tells you its not there. Then you have him read it out what he they see on the screen, and they find in it less then 20 seconds :

Then there are the ones who cant do a SINGLE click without talking to you (everything from them asking you which account to log into after a reboot, or you having to tell them to click on the "big blue e"). Or they give you a play-by-play of a scan (its at "2%", "5%", "8%", etc).

Question

hello can u help me say if u had windows vista on ur computer and u dident like it and u had a windows xp disk to install onto the system are u aload to do it or would it mess up files such as nvidia geforce graphic card and stuff that got brought with the system ?

it wouldnt work. all computers have vista hardware in them now so windows xp wouldnt recognize it

Guest r3d c0m3t

Every single word that actively came out of Miss Teen South Carolina's mouth. Especially "Some people don't have maps." That was just the most awesome thing I had ever heard. :sweat:

man do I have a list, since starting my new job, fixing laptops:

Customers:

Something is wrong with the laptop's screen, can't see any icons or half the screen is black

actual problem:

The LCD looks like somebody took a bat to it or someone jumped on it, shattered in pieces

Technician 1:

I cleaned the heat sink, but the unit still feels a little warm.

Technician 2:

I can't find a problem, the unit is fine.

Me:

The CPU is idling at 75C so I take off the heat sink and it looks like technician 1 went Peter North on the poor thing. The TIM is flowing over the edge off the CPU and onto the mobo. DUH!!!

Another one is technicians putting TIM on heat sinks that come with thermal pads, without removing the thermal pads first. Or even adding another thermal pad instead of replacing the old one, so now they are doubled up....

I've seen people leave on the plastic protection film on thermal pads, install heat sinks without anything. Put screws through motherboards, slice wires in half with screws, by not routing them where they're supposed to be.

We've had a unit in that roaches crawled out of, another one that said "Dog urinated on notebook while charging" that one was thrown in the hazardous waste pile, lol.

You hear and see it all working in this line of work, whether it's customers or the idiots working next to you.