What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?

George W. Bush

or

Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.

George W. Bush

or

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.

George W. Bush

or ..........

you get the point.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Think outside the box"............says my teacher who spends 24/7 in his house (he's lived there since he was born) writing newspaper articles about people in history, who haven't been given credit for their work.

He complains about how he's been teaching for 25+ years and he doesn't want to change the way he teaches.

He despises everything electronics related.

These are all facts he proudly presents to the class every day.

"...A bluetooth connection to your phone will degrade the quality of your music...if you wire your phone to the PC though there won't be any compression..." - Local Wal-Mart Employee

LOL; just shows how little the Walmart/Best Buy/etc. employees know about technology.

The sad part is that most people believe them.

Hah, and anyone remember that one with the guy showing off the Dell.

"TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX megabytes, yes that's right, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX."

And it kept freezing on him, and he was like "OK, now we're downloading a game off the video card, look how Internet Explorer is still running".

Heh.

that was the funniest thing i have ever seen, and if i remember correctly, he says it comes with a Nvidia graphics card, and then in the control panel it was ATI, or the opposite don't remember

then the good old, look how im multitasking with this dual core, i have msn open, internet explorer , my documents, and even minesweeper!

that was the funniest thing i have ever seen, and if i remember correctly, he says it comes with a Nvidia graphics card, and then in the control panel it was ATI, or the opposite don't remember

then the good old, look how im multitasking with this dual core, i have msn open, internet explorer , my documents, and even minesweeper!

Yes!

"I bet i can't make it crash, look this is 4 Internet Explorers open now, oh and we'll open another one"

Then it comes up on the screen with like "Fatal Error" and they have to cut the camera away really quick!

Guest r3d c0m3t

This is some great stuff, reading all of this made me remember a historic (dare I say) compUSA moment.

- Keep in mind the person who was asking for help was new to the DIY thing. And if you're wondering how I remember this word-for-word; it's compUSA, how could I not? :rolleyes:

"Excuse me, I need some help with a problem I'm having with my PC."

"What would that problem be?"

"Well, I brought some stuff for a DIY project and I was overclocking my processor and now when I turn on the PC the POST screen reads "Cannot load operating system."

"Hm, there could be lots of things wrong with it. Have you tried repairing the installation?"

"Yes. It didn't work."

"Have you checked to see if your hard drive is installed?"

"Yes, and it is."

"Then you should either buy a new motherboard or processor, because apparently you've done something wrong."

I had to chase after the kid and help him out, because he looked really down and this guy obviously didn't know what the **** he was talking about, so, I told him to either reset his frequencies from the BIOS or clear the CMOS - whichever was easiest for him.

LOL; just shows how little the Walmart/Best Buy/etc. employees know about technology.

The sad part is that most people believe them.

I used to work at Wal-Farts...not all of us are retarded we just don't get paid enough to care :) I used to tell people to buy utter crap and pitch them some line about how great it was and they'd buy it without question...now that was power :tooth:

This is some great stuff, reading all of this made me remember a historic (dare I say) compUSA moment.

- Keep in mind the person who was asking for help was new to the DIY thing. And if you're wondering how I remember this word-for-word; it's compUSA, how could I not? :rolleyes:

"Excuse me, I need some help with a problem I'm having with my PC."

"What would that problem be?"

"Well, I brought some stuff for a DIY project and I was overclocking my processor and now when I turn on the PC the POST screen reads "Cannot load operating system."

"Hm, there could be lots of things wrong with it. Have you tried repairing the installation?"

"Yes. It didn't work."

"Have you checked to see if your hard drive is installed?"

"Yes, and it is."

"Then you should either buy a new motherboard or processor, because apparently you've done something wrong."

I had to chase after the kid and help him out, because he looked really down and this guy obviously didn't know what the **** he was talking about, so, I told him to either reset his frequencies from the BIOS or clear the CMOS - whichever was easiest for him.

LOL...I do that all the time at Best Buy. It's hilarious and heart breaking to listen to their computer salesmen and geek squad techs try to help people with such simple problems or recommend a product to them. I'll just stand there acting like i'm looking at a product and wait for the saleman to be done then but in and make a complete butt out of the...fun times :)