What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a buddy arguing that AMD was stupid for releasing the PHENOM processor with three cores on it. Making sure to point out that the product was simply a quad core with one of the cores turned off.

He was laughing to himself about how lame having THREE cores was because it wasn't an even number of cores like a dual or quad core processor.

I then pointed out that he'd been using computers with an odd number of cores for years.

He actually shouted that I was crazy.

So I reminded him that before dual and quad cores there was only a single core on a processor and ONE is an odd number of cores.

He just hung the phone up.

Big dummy!

I thought the number of cores always had to be a power of 2, 1 still being a power of 2 (2^0=1). Is this not the case anymore?

I thought the number of cores always had to be a power of 2, 1 still being a power of 2 (2^0=1). Is this not the case anymore?

The processors in most current cellphone tower installs have 430 cores running at the onset of operation. As cores fail over time they're simply removed from the array. The processing unit will function properly down to about 150 cores before needing replacement.

Even nVidia is now supporting three GPU's in a single rig.