Home Depot Tubing?

momoceio

Anyone ever tried using the rubber tubing from home depot for watercooling? They have some 1/2" ID tubing that is meant for beverage systems and sanitary uses...I'd imagine it's pretty decent quality and it's a heck of a lot cheaper. I was eyeing it today...$15 for 20'. It's pretty thick stuff and seems like it would be hard to kink.

Mine is only 3/8" tubing because my craptactular rad is 3/8". But I'm gonna get a new 1/2" radiator for just the cpu and swap my current for the vid card. I already got the fancy blue 1/2" tubing that I bought like a year ago lol. I don't even remember what brand it is. I think I bought it at jab-tech or svc. The blue stuff is much softer but honestly I doubt it will perform that much better. The only reason it will probably even work better is because of the difference in diameter. Other than that the radiator is what makes the biggest difference. So $4 dollars for plain ol' clear tubing or $20 dollars for the fancy blue stuff? If I could go back I probably never woulda got the blue stuff.

I was thinking the same thing, last time I was at the Depot. I would imagine the only real difference is clarity, and maybe kink resistance. It would look cheap if the tubing was cloudy. I'm leaning towards the 7/16" tubing though, and Masterkleer isn't nearly as expensive as Tygon.

I was thinking the same thing, last time I was at the Depot. I would imagine the only real difference is clarity, and maybe kink resistance. It would look cheap if the tubing was cloudy. I'm leaning towards the 7/16" tubing though, and Masterkleer isn't nearly as expensive as Tygon.

While I've heard good things from other people; I DEFINITELY feel getting 1/2" tubing (and Tygon at that) is worth the cost. 7/16" in one hell of a hassle I will never bother myself with ever again. Yeah, it might 'flow' ever so slightly better, but you won't ever notice it in your temps.

Trust me, you'll save an assload in Tylenol and Ibuprofen if you just get some high quality 1/2" tubing.

( I like how Tylenol and Ibuprofen are in the Firefox 2.0 dictionary but not assload...)

While I've heard good things from other people; I DEFINITELY feel getting 1/2" tubing (and Tygon at that) is worth the cost. 7/16" in one hell of a hassle I will never bother myself with ever again. Yeah, it might 'flow' ever so slightly better, but you won't ever notice it in your temps.

Trust me, you'll save an assload in Tylenol and Ibuprofen if you just get some high quality 1/2" tubing.

( I like how Tylenol and Ibuprofen are in the Firefox 2.0 dictionary but not assload...)

I've heard that not only does it flow better but it bends a little better and is less likely to leak, would you concur or is the difference negligible?

Yes, the good ones aren't in the dictionary. :D