Angry_Games

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Retratserif

In you guys opinion, is it worth getting a GTS 512 over the GT, you have a 40$ price gap, no matter what what you slice it. Even if I volt mod and water cool, is the GTS 512 that much more superior over the GT?

I can read reviews all day, but without some real feeback, I still feel short of info. I know, I may get a crappy OC'ing card, I can deal with that. But I am so up in the air about which one to get. I do want EVGA for the step up program though. I may have to make my mods reversible. Nothing a conductive pen and some acetone cant fix .

Hard to say without knowing how the individual GT or GTS may clock that you end up with. The GTS I've been messing with the last few weeks runs 800 core and 1200 (2400) on the memory completely stock.

Guest Retratserif

The 9600GT does not pony up to a 8800GTS 512. Also, I do not think the 9600's handle High Res and AA/AF well. Though the GTS does as long as its not completely Maxed, it should handle just about any game with just 1 card. Though I will be getting another for AoC if its needed.

If I was not going to get the GTS I would get the 8800 GT.

Guest Retratserif

I just ordered that card. I will be back here once I get it and run a few 3700+ AMD runs. Hopefully my 680i Returns from its RMA soon.