Sign in to follow this  
red930

Guide to VMware and SMP install for [email protected]

None of my terminals keep time well.

I can't really figure out how much my 2.66Ghz X-2 is running because the clock says it's done 30% in 2 hours. LOL

Started it around 9:30 this morning and it's at 2:30 now. SO.... ~30% done in 5 hours. That doesn't seem right. It must be a small WU (Project: 3025)

EDIT: On my C2D I'm at the 15 hour mark and right at 67% done (Project: 2605). At current production rate that's, ~22 hours 20 min total WU time.

None of my terminals keep time well.

I can't really figure out how much my 2.66Ghz X-2 is running because the clock says it's done 30% in 2 hours. LOL

Started it around 9:30 this morning and it's at 2:30 now. SO.... ~30% done in 5 hours. That doesn't seem right. It must be a small WU (Project: 3025)

EDIT: On my C2D I'm at the 15 hour mark and right at 67% done (Project: 2605). At current production rate that's, ~22 hours 20 min total WU time.

Stop the client momentarily by Ctrl+C.

Right click up in the right corner where it says the date and time. Enter your password. Put a check in the box where it says "Keep clock synchronized with internet servers" and hit Select Servers to the right of it and select a server that fits where you live the best. I think this will require that it downloads something. Adjust the time and date if needed. Restart the Virtual Machine and the client. Hopefully this should fix the time synchronization (or lack thereof).

The project 3025 is a shorter WU. Normally I can get them done on my Opteron in about 2/3 of a day give or take. Protein 3025 is worth 587 points.

I'm really thinking about running the SMP client on my mom's stock 3800+ x-2, my friend's 2.4Ghz X-2 and his 2.7GHz X-2 if he's down with folding.

That'd really kick a lot of butt.

I'm really thinking about running the SMP client on my mom's stock 3800+ x-2, my friend's 2.4Ghz X-2 and his 2.7GHz X-2 if he's down with folding.

That'd really kick a lot of butt.

If they aren't down with the VMware you can always run the two regular uniprocessor clients as a service in windows.

I'm fairly certain that on top of the two E6300's I'm going to be buying to replace my two Pentium D's, I'm going to be building some rackmount folding boxes with E6300s/Gigabyte DS3's

I'm fairly certain that on top of the two E6300's I'm going to be buying to replace my two Pentium D's, I'm going to be building some rackmount folding boxes with E6300s/Gigabyte DS3's

It's addicting isn't it. :P

Keep us posted on your plans. :)

It really is! I'm kind of wishing I wouldn't have spent so much on one machine since my needs aren't exactly demanding

With all I've spent on this machine, I could have easily gotten two good folders

ATTENTION!

The Windows SMP client has moved into Open Beta! :eek2:

Check it out here!!

I plan on giving it a try soon but I plan on finishing my current VMware + Linux SMP WU.

A suggestion David, if you are planning on building dedicated folding rigs it would probably run just fine with 1GB of RAM. Also there is a way to set them up like a farm and there won't be a need for a hard drive for each system either. I'll try and find a link to a guide.

Yeah I was planning on getting the 2x1GB of Buffalo Firestix that are Micron D9's an divide the kit up between two machines

I'm just gunna run Ubutu on them anyway so it's not like I'll be using a lot of RAM idling (and I don't want to buy 2-4 more Windows XP licenses :P)

I'd appreciate if you could find the guide, as well!