Guide to VMware and SMP install for F@H

red930

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, does it say anywhere?

Also, I finished the WU. Do I have to go through the commands again to get another WU?

You can just manually calculate it through the times it shows in the Terminal Window. The 2605 and the 2604 are both 100 frames so every 1 percent is 1 frame.

If you selected "no" when it asked you to get permission before requesting work when you were setting it up you shouldn't have to go through the commands to get another WU. Normally for me it takes about 5 minutes between sending the results and downloading another WU.

I can't argue with my points today... 1946 :cool:

Edit: w00t nevermind, one of my borgs must have just finished a WU

It's too bad Pentium D 820s don't support virtualization because I have two of them borged!

Yeah. It's also good not to dump all of your cpu's into the SMP basket though. Since it's in beta and there are so many people trying to do it because of the points sometimes the server runs out of WU's. On other forums I've seen people waiting for hours for a WU because the server is out.

I also posted up a link in the sticky F@H thread that talks about some new clients and a points change coming up. Take a look at it.

hey guys, here is a little tip to run your WU at highest priority ;)

nice -20 ./fh5

-20 = highest priority

19 = lowest priority

FYI

normal applications are usually run at lowest priority

Would this help since we are running this through VMware and F@H is the only thing running in VMware?

Help!

what am I doing wrong?

fahda2.th.jpg

I see you are under a Ubuntu-64bit tab but you also have an Other-64bit tab. Perhaps try it in the Other-64bit tab? I don't have a Ubuntu tab on mine. Also, go to.

You can also go to Places and then go to Home Folder and you will see a folder called folding and you can delete that and restart the Virtual Machine and try and start at step 10 again. I've had to do this before when I've accidentally messed something up.