Fiscal health of DFI?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

glad to hear it guys, i myself am disappointed not to see any 680i boards by dfi yet, but i saw a very sweet evga board with 680i ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear it guys, i myself am disappointed not to see any 680i boards by dfi yet, but i saw a very sweet evga board with 680i ;)

Do some homework on the board you're looking at. I don't know the model# but I do know that there have been major problems with one of the early release evga boards which still hasn't been resolved yet.

I'll probably not...

Most of you it's all about brand loyalty...I am kind of the same way as I have my favorites..but...

I have been doing some testing on the 939 platform and it seems other brand boards can do at 250fsb what it take a DFI to do at 300...

Sure a DFI can hit 300fsb and 3000mhz but do you really need it...? Not really...

Now I have not really ever been a big fan of Asus for my own reasons but I have had a little Asus mATX board in my posession for a little while and the strange thing is...This little board does every thing at 235x11 that it takes my SLI-DR rig to do at 300x10...now the bench marks are very close..

If I could get 240x11 out of the Asus I believe it would be ahead...the only thing the Asus lost in was Super Pi....but what does that mean in real word performance...not a dang thing...Nothing...

You see...I dont care how fast it counts Pi to what ever digit if I throw a DVD in the Asus and it rips and burns it faster at 235x11 than the DFI does at 300x10...

Now you all may be saying....well different hardware....nope...I used the Exact same hardware for testing...only thing different was the board...;)

I'll give it to you that my DFI was the easiest to set up and clock for me...but that doesnt mean it's the fastest...especially when you have a good overclock and you keep getting you butt handed to you by a Asus, Abit, Giga or the like...with 50fsb less...

I have been doing some testing on the 939 platform and it seems other brand boards can do at 250fsb what it take a DFI to do at 300...

I read it all and yes there are other parameters to take in account than pure CPU speed. On the other hand pure CPU speed has been a major factor when considering a C2D system, and still that doesn't apply to all what you want to do. Whatever brand you choose to test many things come down to chipset design and how well its features are implemented. Nothing is really perfect, but still we have a lot of excellent hardware to choose from. So I don't know if it's really fair to say "that this system do the same or does it better at X speed than this at X speed", because it all depends on what you want it to do.

For the main question I would say it depends: I haven't decided to always buy DFI products just as I haven't decided to never again buy it. When the time comes, depending on when I see real advantages in view of what I want the system to do, I review what the market has to offer. I have feelings for people who are important to me, but I don't have it for dead stuff like hardware. Performance, price, support, usability and purpose of purchase will decide.

Nevertheless: my Ultra-D is the best piece of hardware I have owned and it has been a very vanilla motherboard to me with no hassles what so ever. Besides that I don't really care for the label.

i would still buy DFI.... just becoz im a biased s.o.b.....:P

yes, reaching 300fsb is a personal satisfaction. i dont care if other board perform better at lower speed and stuff. like most things in life, its the journey thats valuable, not the destination.

i will buy the brand/model that will perform the best for my money when i will change my rig

if its dfi, then it will be, ifs its another brand then i will jump to the dark side.

like H_G said a few times, most ppl try to have the best performance for the buck ... and im one of those.

I’m loyal to God and Country. :)

Well let’s see………..:rolleyes:

1x DFI LP nFII Ultra-B (Used)

2x DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D (1 New and 1 Used)

1x DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert (New)

1x DFI LP RD600 ICFX3200-T2R/G (Used)

All currently running, so I think I am good for a while with any DFI motherboard. I have had many other motherboards before DFI.

I really am not the one that rushes out and buys new technology. I like to wait a bit and see what shakes out. I still have other motherboard from other manufactures like Asus and MSI. The way the forum has gone I will get some other used socket 939 motherboards and put up some SSDB and OCDB posts.

heh

once we really get into some testing and reviewing I think many of you will end up going with the brands we are testing (like Foxconn, Asus, Abit, MSI, Giga...sticking to just one brand limits you and I, like UncleDavid, who wants the best, don't want to be limited by something that isn't the best)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

cant wait to see the reviews thats gona happen here

to whoever said about the evga problems, yes there is a SATA problem with their boards on the 680i chipset