NF4 expert+2GB BH-5, max speed DDR333

ACE 256

I have 4 512MB sticks of BH-5/CH-5 (two sticks are BH-5 two other sticks are "Kingston D3208DW3T-5U") THe Bh-5 sticks will run DDR566 @ 3.3v rock stable, the Kingston ram will run DDR 550 @ 3.3v rock stable, but when i put all four sticks in the max i can hit is DDR333 stable :sad: . CPC is off and i have played with moving the ram around into different slots to no avail. I have tried uping the ram V as high as 3.5 with no effect. I have uped to chipset v to as high as 1.65 also to no effect. I have loosed the timings to as loose at 2.5 3 3 9 to no effect (system wont boot with a CAS of 3). Having 2GB of BHs and being forced to run DDR333 is aggravating to put it mildly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Set the DRAM Drive Strength from 9-15 for 4 sticks of RAM. I have mine set around 10 or 11.
Thanks, Im running DDR400 @ 2 2 2 5 with a drive stength of 12 now. I cant seem to get any higher then DDR400 stable. Any advice on the data drive strength setting ?

post your timings and maybe someone will pick it out. But your doing better then 98% of the clockers. as they say you cant run mixed chips. Well maybe they cant :D But I have no problem with running TccD and CH-5 together. Bigest problem people have is that they take the word NO and CANT to easy. And most the time it helps if SPDed the same. The ritchies buy there overclock. Your best bet is to find the divider and run the 4 sticks at 2-2-2-5 no mater what speed. and get your cpu maxed out

Just a side note

CH-5 – This is a newer ram chip than BH-5 and on average cannot achieve the results BH-5 can. It is known to do around 220-230 MHz at cas2-3-2-X. This ram is a little different than BH-5 as it does not respond as well to voltage. Usually, anything over 3 volts does not yield any better results. This could be due to the manufacturer's PCB design, or simply the ram chips themselves. In some cases, however, this ram can achieve similar results to BH-5, it just does not happen very often. This is still great ram for the money and can most likely achieve cas2-2-2-X at 200 MHz with the right voltage applied. This ram is easier to find than BH-5 and usually costs a fraction of what BH-5 costs. It can be identified by the last 3 characters on the chip reading CH-5. It can be found in Corsair XMS, Kingston Hyper X, and many other offerings.

The kingston sticks do DDR500 @ 2 2 2 X at 3.3V The BH-5 sticks do ~DDR550 @ 2 2 2 X @ 2.5. All four sticks will do DDR500 @ 2 2 2 X @ 3.3v. I am running DDR500 @ 2 2 2 9 with 3.5v @ 3Ghz 1.5v core. Upping the core v to 1.5 got me stable in memtest, but i still get random reboots in windows. Now to find out whats making the system randomly reboot.

@wil Im not going to push my opteron any more, im going to keep it at 3GHz for now (Im using the boxed OEM cooler)..

Guest Retratserif

Nice. Does 4 512 sticks at 466 with 2.2.2.0 timings on a divider out perform 2 1gb sticks 500 with 3.3.3.6 with no diver? Just wondering. 3.3.3.6 is the best I can do with mine 500. But not at 510.

......Having 2GB of BHs and being forced to run DDR333 is aggravating to put it mildly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Straight from the manual:

The integrated memory controller in AMD's 64-bit Socket 939

series CPU will directly catch data transmission from DDR RAM

without passing through the Northbridge. Therefore when using 4

identical double side DIMMs or using 2 DIMMs in non-dual channels,

the memory speed will reduce to DDR333. Please refer to the

detailed memory speed shown below.

Nice. Does 4 512 sticks at 466 with 2.2.2.0 timings on a divider out perform 2 1gb sticks 500 with 3.3.3.6 with no diver? Just wondering. 3.3.3.6 is the best I can do with mine 500. But not at 510.

My BH-5 wont post with a CAS of 3 so I cant say realy. I have noticed that timings make little or no difference so i would assume 500 @ 3 3 3 6 whould be faster.

Straight from the manual:
I think i speak for most overclockers when i say that i dont care what a mobo was designed to do, I care about what it can do.