Sign in to follow this  
Spring2188

Gigabyte DS3 and 6300 OC Temps

Got the Tuniq tower installed and saw my temps jump to 70C at stock speed idle. Disassembled my rig and checked the IHS against a razor and see that it's concave. I've been aganozing whether or not to lap this thing or ebay it. A guy at work swears that if I coat the IHS with AS5 (enough to fill the airgap) that my problem will be solved.

Got the Tuniq tower installed and saw my temps jump to 70C at stock speed idle. Disassembled my rig and checked the IHS against a razor and see that it's concave. I've been aganozing whether or not to lap this thing or ebay it. A guy at work swears that if I coat the IHS with AS5 (enough to fill the airgap) that my problem will be solved.

No, do not believe this guy. That amount of AS5 will be way too much and actually degrade the effect of AS5 because it will be too much paste to effectively move the heat through to the heatsink. Definitely do not coat your IHS with that much AS5. If you plan on keeping that CPU you should really consider lapping it.

I just got a Thermaltake TMGi 1 and my temps are awesome but i suspect a little off since 21c at idle..lol and 100% load is around 40c.But its a nice cooler and i didnt even use as5.I used thermaltakes preapplied junk.( i was in a hurry..lol)

If anyone wants to know how the Tuniq Tower 120 performs then all i can say its it performs similar to water cooling, but without the hassle.

My old Danger Den Maze 3, and Ehiem Pump have been retired for good after getting my Tuniq Tower 120. It kept my old Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Cool, and its doing a grand job on the Core 2 Duo.

Im currently running at 3.5Ghz @ 1.425V (+100mV) in the BIOS. Im not sure what Voltage im REALLY running at since i have 4 different programs telling me 4 different voltages but suffice to say, after the machine has been on all night and with the ambient House temperature being 23Deg C, my CPU core is currently 37Degs C. After playing FEAR last night for over 1.5hours it only got upto 43Degs C , and in ORTHOS it has yet to break 45Degs C !!

Im still not ORTHOS stable at this speed though, so im going to have to feed the CPU more Volts....... But looking at some peoples comments in this thread, and the acceptable temperatures, i feel i have plenty of room for adjustment whilst still keeping my temperatures sensible.....