Gigabyte DS3 and 6300 OC Temps

I'm using Intels TAT and am right now idling between 45C and 50C. I'm OC'd to 3220 mhz. Temps get up to 80C while running Orthos. Are these temps ok? They seem a tad high to me. Im at stock voltages too. Wanting to add this OC to the database, but don't wanna fry my processor in the process.

yeah , itll be a good thing to change your stock cooler. those intel stock cooler are crap. and 80C is pretty much border line. but nice overclock by the way with a stock cooler. im very surprised by your overclock.

I would recommend that you buy the Tuniq Tower 120 instead of that Ninja. The tuniq absolutely demolishes any cooler in performance right now. Also you should try to lap you cpu and hsf that way you'll get low temps. I lappped my E6400 and my Zalman CNPS9500 and my idle temps are at 19C and ORthos load temps are at 47C. BtW i'm oc'ed at 3.48Ghz(435X8) and these are the temps that my cpu is at everyday.

Called SVC and canceled the Ninja and ordered the Tuniq Tower 120. Read some great reviews on it after you mentioned it Thanks

the tuniq tower is an awesome cooler, im sure youll drop temps a lot. make sure to have good thermal paste thought.

yes it means to remove the integrated heat spreader

lapping does not mean to remove the ihs but to make the ihs have a smoother and flatter surface by sanding it with fine grit sandpaper. I think there is a tutorial here in the forums.

Lapping is the way to remove imperfections on the HSF and CPU. BY lapping you're creating more surface to surface contact and this helps dissipate heat faster than your non lapped surface. During manufacturing copper hsf and cpu surfaces are coated with other metallic film that do not dissipate heat efficiently. Lapping should be done with 400grit to 2000grit sandpaper and you should google "Lapping cpu" to get indepth tutorial on how to do the process. I'm waiting for my Tuniq to arrive in a few days i'll be lapping it as well.

yes that would generall void your warranty. I'd only recommend that process if your going to OC and don't mind having to void the warranty. OC'ing does void warranty in a stipulated way that i can't really specify or clarify but it's do it at your own risk kinda thing.