Got Wii?

ronin688

i hate hardcore fps stuff on consoles because im a mouse/kb man

Wii Sports is cool, and comes with it

Wii Play looks pretty friggin awesome

I've heard mixed reviews on Mario Party. Resident Evil gets about the highest review scores. Mario Strikers looks like a load of fun.

you can get Mario Kart64 on the Virtual Console for it, but you got to have either a Gamecube controller or a Classic controller (that plugs into the remote) to play most of the Virtual Console games.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest switang

If you like Resident Evil get it. I like the game but not the game play. I'd rather watch someone play it than play it myself.

You'll be happy with Wii Play.

You should over-clock your Wii. :)

you don't have a wireless router/access point I take it?

There is a usb-to-ethernet adapter out, but I think it has to be routed into a Windows XP machine (which is rather stupid lol).

Really the best option is just to find a cheapo ($39-$59 for a good one!) wireless router or access point (routers can be switched to simple access point if you already have a wired router).

I REALLY like the Wii because of how multiplayer-centric it is. There are some single player games (Metroid, Zelda, RE4, etc) but keep in mind the library for Wii games is still quite small. Developers are really getting into learning how to program for the controller(s), as well as making games look good on the hardware (the Wii hardware is actually pretty damn good...it will never be 360/PS3 quality, but pretty damn good in it's own right honestly).

Then there are all the Virtual Console games like Sim City (AWESOME!!!) as well as many others, and many more coming (all the Zelda games are already there it looks like!).

I thought the Wii was too 'kiddie' myself until I actually got one, now I'm just blown away by how awesome it is with the controller scheme. Still a lack of really good games that I personally am interested in, but that will change. Xbox360 was the same way when it came out, I wasn't interested in hardly any games for it except my beloved hockey titles.

well actually i dont think the old wireless one i have supports what the wii needs...got the n lately but we r gunna return it for the g cuz i know wii supports that. Also i have an xp machine cuz i dont wanna use that system hog of an os(aka vista). to tell the truth when i first saw the controller i just though no im not gunna buy it...well i ended up with one...warmed up to it not too long after i heard of it but it did take a while for me to. i still need a one player geared game seeing ive worn out the ones i have if u ask me...basically waiting for guitar hero 3 since i can finally play a gh game...w/e i dont think ill sell it but if we get our router it may open up new options for me. the router we have now ive gone on it to check the thing and try to make it recognize the mac number and allow it to connect but it doesnt work...w/e

Mario party was broing as hell

Didnt really like zelda,

Love wii play and wii sports more than anything

Do not get farcry its a fing joke, sonic only played it once controlls are too unresponsive on it. Looking forward to mario galaxy and some mario kart action online will be bombage.

I found a Wii Saturday and brought it home along with Wii Play. The wife and I have been playing Wii Sports so far. I figure to give Wii Play a try next. I have learned that my wife is a bit uncoordinated after watching her play Tennis and Baseball. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We have a Wii and a Xbox 360. As far as usability and price, I vastly prefer the Wii. It's so easy to set up, and we didn't have to pay 99$ just to connect to wireless. I also like how they make everything fun. It's clear they're aiming this for more of the casual and/or family gamers. And that's a good thing. The Xbox and Playstation seem to have totally forgotten there's such a thing as a "casual gamer" or a market for people who have families and want games they can let their kids play or play with them.

Also, buying old games on the Virtual console is really cool. All the ones we've gotten so far work perfectly with the system, a perfect emulation. Vastly better than anything you can get for the computer.

My only complaint is that there aren't any games I'm interested in on the Wii. The only reason I play the 360 is because it's got the games I like. If the Wii came out with stuff I liked, I'd never look twice at the 360. :P